Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drag Racing
Reload this Page >

Looking for Aluminum Drive and Ring Gears for NTC3

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Looking for Aluminum Drive and Ring Gears for NTC3

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 04:13 PM
ZStein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Aluminum Drive and Ring Gears for NTC3

Does anyone know where I can find a set of aluminum replacement ring and pinion gears for a Nitro TC3? I have shimmed the gears perperly but the plastic gears will not stand up to my self-modified O.S. 18TZ. It will stand up to my other small blocks but not the 18TZ. Anyone

Old 08-09-2013, 04:22 AM
Car-Tune

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-r...me-inside.html

In this forum you might find your answers. Brent Davis is using an NTC3 with a .21 engine with barely any problems.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:09 AM
ZStein

Yeah, I tried to contact Brent through PM but no response. Thanks anyway. The gears I ordered from Hong Kong are here now so problem solved. I was trying the get a set a few weeks ago for a little grudge race I had (which I won anyway with a smaller motor) coming up. I also bought a set LD3 steel gears and I gave no idea where to start trying to get them to fit. As of now, they are sitting in the tool box.

Originally Posted by Car-Tune
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-r...me-inside.html

In this forum you might find your answers. Brent Davis is using an NTC3 with a .21 engine with barely any problems.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 AM
nitrohead5300

Take the LD-3 gears with an associated spool to a machniest and ask him to center the spur gear up mark the locations for the hole on the spool and drill them out for you. Then get him to mill out your pinion gear so it will fit on the driveshaft.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:57 PM
ZStein

Nitrohead, thanks for looking out. I was thinking of doing just that. The problem I have ran into so far is finding a machinist willing to work on such small items. However, I did get the aluminum gears and so far they are holding up fine, but the LD3 gears are ideal because they are still and will change the gear ratio.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:38 AM
nitrohead5300

ZStein you know associated was purchased by Thundertiger a few years and go and their Tomahawk on road car looks like a a clone of the TC-3 and the Spur gear appears to be made out of metal. Might be worth checking out to see if if might work.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Car-Tune

My RS4 ring and pinion were aluminum, after a few runs I had to replace with steel.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:57 PM
ZStein

I didn't know that. Thanks for the information and I'm looking into that right now.

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
ZStein you know associated was purchased by Thundertiger a few years and go and their Tomahawk on road car looks like a a clone of the TC-3 and the Spur gear appears to be made out of metal. Might be worth checking out to see if if might work.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:40 AM
nitrohead5300

Good luck I hope the gears work out for you . The only other thing you could do is get some custom made steel gears. Don't be surprised if the machinest will want you to buy a bunch of gears but i suspect you could selll mthem to other people who have TC-3