Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Just Strating out Motor/ESC Question

Hey guys, I've been lurking here in the drag Racing forum

I have been into and racing SCT for a while along with Dirt oval The track just put in a concrete drag strip.I purchased an RJ Speed Electric Funny Car kit (model 2002). I have a castle Sidwinder ESC and A Tunigy 3900KV Motor. Will this be a decent start?
    What speeds can I expect?

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Good news on having a dedicated concrete strip for r/c drag racing. Where is it located? USA?

RJ is a good package to begin with. Recommend perhaps keeping it 2s or 6cell until you get the hang of r/c drag racing. Beyond that, can't help much with KV ratings on BL motors. -AC-
    arnie hauswald racing 1943
    r/c electric drag racing

well the first run was horrible, the foams will NOT hook up. Changed them to 2 inch foams and went with extra weight, about 10 oz, over the rear. a little better but stil very squrrley . Have to find some traction compound that is for foam.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Does your local track prep the track with VHT or sugar water? That is a must and you can get traction compound from RC car kings on the net.