Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Entry Level Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:18 PM
fleetsailor1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Entry Level Car

I have decided to get into R/C Drag Cars. I am thinking about one of the RJ Speed cars due to the price. I don’t have a track near by so would have to travel if and when I race. I will be practicing in the smoothest parking lot I can find. I plan on starting with a stock motor and when I can keep it straight I will move up the scale. I was planning on using micro switches for power on and off. What servo would you use for the steering and for the switches? The car will be either the Pro-stock or Pro-mod. I like the funny car and may get it if I enjoy this.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

Default RE: Entry Level Car

IF you must go with a low level/ cost chassis i would go with the Drag spec kit found here its the second one

http://grandmotorsports.com/otherdrag.asp
Old 07-26-2008, 09:56 PM
fleetsailor1981

Igot, Thanks for the reply that car would work for me. One of the main reasons i am going with the low cost/level car is there is not any tracks in my area (Knoxville, Tn.) that i know of. It would be just me and the parking lot, I have raced R/C cars in the past (Losi buggy/truck, Serpent 1/10 on road, AE 1/12 on road, Bolink 1/12 on road and legends, Tamiya F1 and Touring) I have never tried drag racing in any form and though I would give it a shot.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

Ok well cool ...Mike is a great guy and he runs the company i think so you should have good customer service as i have nothing bad to say about them.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:09 AM
studysession

I have their GMS 14

http://grandmotorsports.com/funnycar.asp

Great car. No where to race it where I live though.