Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: drag strip

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

drag strip

Hey, Im new to the whole RC drag racing scene but, does anyone know of any RC drag strip in Oklahoma around Tulsa? Also what are some good starter kits to start with, im looking at a pro stock, funny car or dragster, and how much would it range around in price? thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: drag strip

well there isnt a starter kit that i know of, Megatech makes one but its garbage, New Era makes a rtr rail for around $600, not a starter price i would think. They also make kits. And so does team walbern. Kit range from $225-450
    -Fusion SS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: drag strip

There used to be a group in OKC but they haven't had any races lately. If you can make it to Lampassas on June 30 you can race for free at the lampassas Airport. The group from San Antonio is putting on a FREE race. Trophies for 1st and 2nd and B-side winner. Lots of fast cars including a couple that have recently gone over 100mph.

I know its a long way but its gonna be an excellent race.

For a starter kit I'd go with the GMS drag spec car. Walbern's are excellent. Can't go wrong with that one. Stay away from new era. Megatech's are ok but a bit fragile. www.grandmotorsports.com www.teamwalbern.com

Griz
    Pro**** Racing
    Best R/C Video WeShow Awards Aug \'07
    Plazma Rat Nitro Pro Mod 2006 R/C of the Year
    Featured in Hot Rod, Driver,Xtreme R/C, R/C Car Action