Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

a few drag questions lol

im just wondering cos im a drifter when i get my car lol ummmmm can i use a straight out drift car cos drag racing is like straight line would it b any different or re the drag cars like nitro or petrol???
    no past and not future just the moment
    keep on sliding!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: a few drag questions lol

You can run electric as well. Anything will run in bracket pretty much. You must have brakes and a throttle return spring if its a nitro or petrol car. Bracket is a consistancy race. Doesn't matter if you can run faster than everyone else. During the qualifying you find out how fast your car is and then declare a break out time for your car. You cannot go faster than this break out time in the 1st round. Prevents sandbagging. After the first round you can adjust your breakout. The car of the pair with the slowest time gets a head start equivalent to the difference in the break out times of the two cars. If both drivers hit their break out times and both get the same reaction time the race will be dead even at the line. The person that runs the consistant time and gets the better reaction time wins. So about the only thing you need to do to drag race your drifter really is to change tires.

Griz
    Pro**** Racing
    Best R/C Video WeShow Awards Aug \'07
    Plazma Rat Nitro Pro Mod 2006 R/C of the Year
    Featured in Hot Rod, Driver,Xtreme R/C, R/C Car Action