Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Dark Thunder upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 07:35 PM
patjam143

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dark Thunder upgrades

Just got a Megatech Dark Thunder the other day. I was wondering what kind of upgrades to perform on this, or is it just a waste of time and money. I noticed from running it in the driveway, that it breaks loose very easy. I measured the rear tires and they are only 2 1/4 inches tall. My pals rail tires are 3 1/4 tall. I noticed that New Era provides taller and wider tires that are suppose to fit. Any ideas would be valuable. Also will probably switch to an O.S. .18tz that I'll pull out of my TC3 that I've been drag racing. Thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 08:02 PM
macz

Default RE: Dark Thunder upgrades

Yea it breaks loose pretty quick...I don't have any mods...yea I'd go with bigger tires though....where did you get your dragster? Megatech says they are discontinuing the dragster.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:30 PM
patjam143

Hey macz, I got it from Ebay. The person that had it before me drove it twice and rolled it. I crazy glued the front spoiler back together and it has a dent in the exhaust. Besides that it looks Fairly new. Are you looking for one? It might be for sale if I dont like it. Ive been racing a TC3 for a while, so Im new to the whole dragster thing. So far I dont know what to think. Let me know if you might be interested. Pat
Old 08-16-2007, 03:33 PM
2916jr

get those outlaw touring car tires I forgot the website but they are alot wider than normal, the dragster runs touring car tires
Old 08-16-2007, 07:02 PM
macz

I already have one.... I'm really into my savage x its a beast but still havin fun with the dragster though