RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

56 gasser!!

Old 01-26-2008, 12:43 AM
65chevyshortbed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 56 gasser!!

rite on blkft1 glad to hear he's still kickin my dads 58 and still power shifts that monster and it sounds like an automatic !!! catch ya soon keep in touch my 33 is coming real soon ..
Old 01-28-2008, 02:42 PM
NitroRage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

65Chev,,, Great Lookin 56 Nomad Gasser!!!! I Love it man...I Bet that baby Realy Pulls Wheelies and Looks good Doing it too...I Think RC Drag Racing NEEDS Gassers,, They Might only run in the 2s But they would Be Large Fun...Gassers wont go as fast as the Guys setting Records But Who Cares,, Its nore of a challange to Keep the car in its lane popping Wheelies and Running Hard... This Gasser Class would also be a Great place for Guys who dont Run 1.5s But want to have a COOL car that looks Great and is Fun to Drive....I Realy Like your 56 Nomad,, Great Work!!! John.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:15 PM
65chevyshortbed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thank you verry much nitrorage i agree there should be a gasser class ,like you say they wont set records but they are so cool ,im building a 1/10 scale 33 willys gasser that im gonna put a brushless set up in and try to go fast its gonna be a little lower than the 56 but still have the real rear dif,chrome tube,and ladder bars keep in touch ill post pictures soon of the build once i get a few more parts !
Old 01-28-2008, 10:07 PM
mopartybob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Uhhhh,hey john,just remember to get enough parts for 3 cars..eehhhh buddy.... will talk to Wes at (AllSpeedHobbies) to see if he'll help sponsor our "drag strip",will clue you up as it moves along....[8D]
Old 01-29-2008, 10:11 AM
ahr43

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: NitroRage

65Chev,,, Great Lookin 56 Nomad Gasser!!!! I Love it man...I Bet that baby Realy Pulls Wheelies and Looks good Doing it too...I Think RC Drag Racing NEEDS Gassers,, They Might only run in the 2s But they would Be Large Fun...Gassers wont go as fast as the Guys setting Records But Who Cares,, Its nore of a challange to Keep the car in its lane popping Wheelies and Running Hard... This Gasser Class would also be a Great place for Guys who dont Run 1.5s But want to have a COOL car that looks Great and is Fun to Drive....I Realy Like your 56 Nomad,, Great Work!!! John.
Hi John,

Agree with your comments, re: RC "Classic Gassers". So what if they're 2sec, or even 3sec cars, for that matter. Who cares? Or even make it a display class, with only requirement being like say two passes through the 1/8 mile just to verify it runs and is not a shelf queen.

Maybe set up a match race format based on mid-times (1/2 track = 66ft = scale 1/8 mile).

All I know is that 65chevy shortbed has created a "classic" gasser and a classic thread. I look forward to posting my completed "Big John Mazmanian" '41 Willys here. It's right at the top of my "To Do" list.

Oz
Old 01-29-2008, 10:15 PM
65chevyshortbed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey bobby 3 r gonna get built dont worry u guys get 2 i just have 2 make some jigs and stuff but there coming! dont worry buddy
Old 02-01-2008, 01:18 PM
ahr43

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

O.K., I ordered the Parma '41 Willys body and Parma hemi engine kit from Tower yesterday.

Decided to fabricate my own simple ladder frame using aluminum angle.

Thanks to 65chevyshortbed for getting me pointed in this direction. Gonna be fun.

Arnie "Oz" Hauswald
Old 02-01-2008, 02:14 PM
mopartybob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey guyz,check out this site of what appears to be 1/5 scale gasser's...pretty cool http://www.eastcoastminiclassics.com...dex.cfm?Page=1
Attached Images   
Old 02-01-2008, 03:06 PM
ahr43

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah, that's what I'm talkin about. Geez...I'd forgotten about "Ohio George's" power blue '33. Broke my heart when he went from that to a (...arrgh...) mustang. His Mustang was a winner. It just wasn't a classic gasser.

See a little east cost license/influence on the headers-at least as I remember them. But that's O.K. It still works as a great reference.

Thanks for the link.

Arnie "Oz" Hauswald
Old 02-01-2008, 05:47 PM
NitroRage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Moparty,, I'v seen these at Thompson Drag Way at the Gasser Meet,, These Cars Are Way Bigger than 5th scale,,These are Gokarts the Bodys are almost 4 feet long...They are made to Ride,, Sortta Like a Pit Bike at the Drags..Note the Handle Bars....I Have seen Guys Ride these in the Pits at Thompson Drag Way, They are Quite Fast , one guy was going about 35 mph on his... Hey AC,, I Met Ohio George at That Gasser Meet, I Asked Him about His Malco 33 Willys,, He Told me Its now in the Henry Ford Museim in Mich..He also Told me at the Time He Still Owned All of His Race cars.. I Think He sold the 69 Mustang Gasser Sence{{ Berritt-Jackson, Last Year}}, I Also got the chance to Meet Big John,,Jim Shores{{ Shores & Hess anglia}} JR Thompson and other Gasser Pilots from the 60s............... AC you said to only Run these RC Gassers to 1/2 track,, I Think Run Um Full 132{{ Full Track}} This Would Take Skill to get these cars with this kind of Top Heavy,, Lots of Ground Clearance down the Track..To me I Think This would be Quite Fun... John
Old 02-01-2008, 09:06 PM
ahr43

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: NitroRage

Moparty,, I'v seen these at Thompson Drag Way at the Gasser Meet,, These Cars Are Way Bigger than 5th scale,,These are Gokarts the Bodys are almost 4 feet long...They are made to Ride,, Sortta Like a Pit Bike at the Drags..Note the Handle Bars....I Have seen Guys Ride these in the Pits at Thompson Drag Way, They are Quite Fast , one guy was going about 35 mph on his... Hey AC,, I Met Ohio George at That Gasser Meet, I Asked Him about His Malco 33 Willys,, He Told me Its now in the Henry Ford Museim in Mich..He also Told me at the Time He Still Owned All of His Race cars.. I Think He sold the 69 Mustang Gasser Sence{{ Berritt-Jackson, Last Year}}, I Also got the chance to Meet Big John,,Jim Shores{{ Shores & Hess anglia}} JR Thompson and other Gasser Pilots from the 60s............... AC you said to only Run these RC Gassers to 1/2 track,, I Think Run Um Full 132{{ Full Track}} This Would Take Skill to get these cars with this kind of Top Heavy,, Lots of Ground Clearance down the Track..To me I Think This would be Quite Fun... John
Hi John,

You're really fortunate to have met the living legends of the '60s. Someday, maybe....me too.

Yeah, now that I'm going ladder frame, that opens up the gearing to single reduction (pinion/spur), so 132ft is doable. My thinking was that with a double reduction gearing from like using a conventional electric RC chassis, it would max out by 66ft. Anyway, that's the way my Rustler conversion bracket truck was. There just wasn't any left for the back half. But since I'll have a full blown hemi model engine with blower scoop sticking through the hood-figger I'll be tippy-toeing it past 1/2 track anyway. My Willys gonna be a "show-queen"; not a "go-queen". I got two other cars for "go".

Running the full 132ft be easier on T&S for sure. And it would get the classic gassers into the regular program where more folks could see them. I still like 66ft for testing. I like a heads-up program based on qual times better than-say-running the classic gassers on an E.T. Index. Guess it depends on how many show up. Maybe exhibition match races would work. Best two-out-of-three before, during or after the regular program.

Arnie "Oz" Hauswald
Old 02-05-2008, 07:34 PM
65chevyshortbed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey guys check it out it made it in xtreme rc cars magazine pretty cool will post pictures soon !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28485.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	870986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14493.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	870987  
Old 02-06-2008, 08:33 AM
ahr43

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 65chevyshortbed

hey guys check it out it made it in xtreme rc cars magazine pretty cool will post pictures soon !
Way to go shortbed! Congrats! Which issue? Gotta get down to B&N and get a copy. I'm going to subscribe to that mag when my RCCA sub expires.

Arnie "Oz" Hauswald
Old 02-06-2008, 09:30 AM
mopartybob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

,Now thats wayyy too cool,good goin john,howz about this for your next project...heh-heh-heh....

Name:	Om31922.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	871432  
Old 02-06-2008, 11:45 AM
modrodz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey man thts bad to the bone thats going to a crowd favoritr for sure
Old 02-06-2008, 08:41 PM
65chevyshortbed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

gosh guys your makin my eyes water thanks its in the march 2008 issue of xtreme rc cars , hope you guys like it !
Old 02-25-2008, 09:49 PM
crazyjr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That thing so need a rat fink with big steering wheel and shifter
Old 02-25-2008, 10:00 PM
mopartybob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That would be TOO COOL......If he can pry it out of DADS locked case.....[8D]
Old 02-25-2008, 10:55 PM
65chevyshortbed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

that would be super cool ! but i gave it up too my dad[] ,but good idea for my next gasser im building heres some pics
Old 02-29-2008, 02:39 AM
daparrothead

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Man my first response to the first pic of your Nomad was WOOWWWWW!!!!!!! as my chin hit the desk when my jaw dropped. That is true craftmanship, don't think I've seen any r/c that comes close to that. I would like to see something like that with a monsterous Nitro engine in it, now that would be Kewl!

Old 02-29-2008, 02:59 AM
mopartybob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hold on to your hat parrothead,it's in the woiks....[8D]
Old 02-29-2008, 10:25 AM
65chevyshortbed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks parrot head glad u like it like bob says the nitro version is in the works as soon as i start getting it togeather ill post some pictures
Old 02-29-2008, 12:24 PM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ha !! All you guys talkin SBC's, Parma Hemis. I just gotta throw this in. Parma Hemi powered SBC valve cover racer I built a few yrs ago. lol
Love the gasser .. nice build !!

Name:	Zx69877.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	891544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90676.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	891545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90978.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	891546   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71302.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	891547  
Old 06-28-2008, 07:22 PM
fastgun531
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Great lookimg gasser> Can you provide some insight into what was used from commercially available sources versus custom crafted??

Thanks,

Randy
Old 07-18-2008, 03:56 AM
d.k.v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ill buy it lol