Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drag Racing
Reload this Page >

Drag Race at Race of Champions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Drag Race at Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 05:05 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drag Race at Race of Champions

Hey guys and gals,

I am Promoting a Giant Scale Rc Pylon Race thru the USRA (Unlimited Scale Racing Association) in Oct 15-18 of this year at Rabbit Dry Lake Bed in So Cal near Victorville, Ca.

I am going to also have some RC Car Drag Racing heats and cash payout prizes.
The Drags will start on Sat , single elimination with trophy races on Sunday Morning before our Trophy Races begin.
The surface is typical SO Cal Lake Bed surface.
Entry Fees around $15.00 with half pay back.

Around a 200-300 foot course with typical Drag tree light system, officials and all that. It is a more for fun that anything with very little rules.

We normally see 200-300 people at these airplanes races so come and join us for some great racing.

Race Sponsors are Horizon Hobby, Desert Aircraft and Hobby People. Cash and prizes for the Pylon Racing close to $10,000.00
This is the season finale- dont miss it and bring out your cars for some great dra racing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40674.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1135428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37800.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	1135429  
Old 02-14-2009, 11:23 PM
daveczrn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drag Race at Race of Champions

how smooth is the surface? able to spray some traction compound on it and have it sticky? doesnt sound like this will be a draw for the serious guys.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:23 AM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Drag Race at Race of Champions

It can be as smooth as pavement. I want to have a Car race as another type of draw for the average modelers. The serious guys can come out as it will be very smooth, but there will also be a layer of dust so traction will play into it. Spraying something down will not be doable as it is controlled by the BLM. This will not be a serious, rule enforced points type race. It is a way to combine 2 racing sports together. I am more after some of you who have fast cars and want to race them more for fun, yet get some chance at a cash payback and then see what we do in the air with our 42% scale 200+ MPH Formula one planes. I just thought I would post it here to let some of you know about it, in case you never visit the airplane forum. How long do you normally run? 200-300 or more?
Thx