Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Is this a good setup for me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 AM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good setup for me?

Hello,i am selling one of my cars to get something new,and i like the RJ Speed kits.Are they any good?I have a 3s lipo and i figured i would get a brushless to gowith the car,like a castle or a VXL.What is a good brushless sytem for the car if i do get it?I won't have much more than $200,so will the castle sport system handle a 3s or would i havbe t0o get a vxl,i think that will right?Thank you for any help!
Old 03-21-2009, 03:13 AM
cumquat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this a good setup for me?

if you are refering to the sidewinder system then yes it can handle 3s. something to think about, the lower kv motors can take more voltage making them sound faster, but the higher kv motors ar really faster. the kv rating is how many rpm's the motor gets per volt. the vxl is a 3500kv system, wich is around a 12.5 turn. a 12.5 turn brushless is comparable to a 21 turn brushed motor. a 9000 kv motor is a 3.5 turn motor comparable to a 5 turn brushed.