Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Some what new guy......

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Gattisgarage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some what new guy......

I have not had any RC stuff prob in 20 years... I am a long time dragracer but have given that up in the last few years.. I run a custom motorcycle and car shop and as you can imagine what used to be my hobby is now work and isnt always as fun as it once was..

So i have decided to look into new hobbies to keep my free time free from work and my shop... Anyway so im looking to build a car to see how i like it... Im thinking a pro mod style chassis, Electric im thinking as thats what i always had when i was a kid...

looking for opinions from those who have already made the mistakes... What kit should i but to get my feet wet i can always build more cars ( im sure i will) if i like it so starting with some what of a budget build may be smart..

Also im looking for a place to race i live in south florida (east coast) and so far have not had any luck finding any info on the web...

Cant wait to get started so let me know what you guys think as far as what i should start out with...
Old 12-05-2014, 10:52 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

I'd buy something cheap and Tamiya to start out, and then an RJ Speed dragster kit. Then, go to something else. At least, thats what I think.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:54 AM
Gattisgarage

Originally Posted by collector1231
I'd buy something cheap and Tamiya to start out, and then an RJ Speed dragster kit. Then, go to something else. At least, thats what I think.

Thanks i went ahead and ordered the RJ Speed pro mod chassis to start out and see how it goes Its similar to the old bolink i had 20 years ago so should be fun to start with
Still looking for a place to race in south florida if anyone has a spot
thanks