Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drag Racing
Reload this Page >

New to this. What to buy? Help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

New to this. What to buy? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Danism80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this. What to buy? Help!

I've always wanted to build/own a drag car and now I can finally afford to do it. Only problem is, I'm clueless as to what to buy. I know I want the R.A.E Pro Stock C97 Mustang body (#705)...I can't help it, I'm a Ford guy. And I like the price of the Team Walbern Pro Stock kit. Now for the questions...I have a XTM 24.7 engine I'mnot using, will it work on the Walbern chassis? And what else do I need besides engine and electronics for the Walbern kit? I'm not looking to compete, just need a new project to play with. A what to buy list would be very helpfull to me. Any and all help appreciated...Thanks, Daniel.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:12 AM
maggio

Default RE: New to this. What to buy? Help!

Im Assuming your going with the Nitro Walbern P/S Chassis.... I dont think the RAE body is wide enough for that Chassis .... I Could be Wrong though... Im not sure about the Motor Question Though , I have Not Run Much Nitro Drag Cars , Best thing to do is contact Walbern and Ask Him about the motor . Or Brent Probly could tell you. I dont see why that motor wont work but Im not 100% sure . Now I do Know if your Planning on running with a organization with any Rules that Motor cant Be Run In P/S or .21 P/M
Old 12-28-2009, 01:09 PM
nitrorevo

Here are the IMDRA rules for Nitro Pro-stock and Pro-mod classes. The full version can be found on the site.

Nitro P/S

Any 1/10 scale door slammer body allowed. Must have pro style hood scoop. 18.5” maximum chassis length 11” maximum wheelbase 8” minimum wheelbase 10” maximum vehicle width 2” inch diameter minimum front wheels/tires 36 oz. minimum weight with .12 or .15 sized (small block) engine 40 oz. minimum weight with .18 cubic inch engine.

Engines .12, .15 or .18 cubic inch small block engine Any Internal Modifications Allowed No .15 BB allowed .18 engine must use side exhaust pipe. Must have operating throttle return spring, constructed either of steel orthandental quality rubber band. Exhaust must deflect upwards.

P/M

Only car and truck bodies allowed. Rear spoilers are allowed up to 2.5” inches in length, with side dams up to 1” inch in height. Wing may be attached to the rear trunk lid area. Note: All full bodied cars will not have a spoiler any higher than the roof line of the vehicle. Must have hood scoop or blower & injector hat assembly. 19” maximum chassis length (No minimum) 12” maximum wheelbase 8.5” minimum wheelbase 10” maximum vehicle width 1.5” inch minimum front wheels/tires 2” inch minimum rear wheels/tires 40 oz. minimum weight Up to a .21 cubic inch engine. Any Internal Modifications allowed. Must have operating throttle return spring, constructed either of steel or orthandental quality rubber band. Exhaust must deflect upwards.

Note: P/M and Funny cars run in same class.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Danism80

Thanks for the info. What chassis will the C97 body fit on? I don't have to use the XTM, i was just wondering. I sent Walbern an email and I'm just waiting for a reply. Thanks again
Old 12-29-2009, 01:36 AM
Paul Songas

Mark Price runs the RAE Pro Stock on his Walbern Nitro Pro Stock, I think he has a FC front axle in it, becase the front is very narrow, and a boat pipe out the back.

Click the links

http://www.imdra.com/phpforum/galler...rge&pic_id=703

http://www.imdra.com/phpforum/galler...rge&pic_id=701
Old 12-29-2009, 11:29 AM
maggio

The other thing you can do is flip the front wheels around because they are Offset , That will give you a lil Extra Space up Front. But I think this only works on the Aluminum Wheels....