Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

RJ Speed Electric

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Andyjk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RJ Speed Electric

Hey guys,

So I've started looking at dragsters and have my eye on either the RJ Speed 24" Dragster or the RJ Speed 11" Pro Stock cars.

I'm not new to the world of RC, I have a few on road cars (my TT-01 does around 80km/h), a few off road cars and two crawlers.

Basically I'd like to find out how good or bad these cars are? I have read that you should get the bearing upgrade and that the hubs are rubbish, but other than that I haven't found too many bad comments about them.

I'd also like to know what sort of brushless set ups people are running. My TT-01 has a 9T 4300kv motor running on 11.1v Lipo and it and could go quicker than 80km/h if it was geared differently. So if I used that in the drag car, I would imagine it would be capabale of some pretty high speeds. I'd probably get a higher kv motor though, maybe a 5.5T.

So, in regard to the motor, how tough are these cars? Is a powerful motor going to destroy it?

Sorry for al the questions. Thanks in advance!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.