Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 02:14 AM
nitrocrawler95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie questions

Hey all, im just gettin into rc drag racin and i got a few questions. First, i want to know whether i should go electric or nitro. I have read around and heard that both are better than the other and im just tryin to figure out which one would be best for me. I have a brushless motor from a cd rom drive that i have modified, which may be slightly underpowered but i can possibly upgrade later. If i do go electric what electronics should i use (reciever, esc, battery, servos,ect.) i have an old 2or3 ch. transmitter that works real good. If i go nitro what engine and electronics should i use. Pros and Cons of each please. And last how should i set either of them up chassis wise (direct drive with gears, belt, shaft)and steering wise. PLEASE post pics or give a fairly good explination, as i said im new to this and dont know much of anything.

Thanks in advance,
Nitro