Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Sprint2Drift, Bl and Lipo

Old 04-24-2011, 08:59 AM
metapess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint2Drift, Bl and Lipo

Good day!

First I must say that I understandthat this topicdiscussed too often, , but sorry, asI failed to find unambiguous answers tomy questions on the forum... only a headache and confused... can someonehelp me, and write the answers...

There Sprint 2 Drift withstock esc and motor. Using NiMh batteries. I have 1 year driving (1-2 times per month), so I don't haveto muchexperience...

Recently changed the engine, set the same as was stock. Car run on asphalt in the parking lot, though the last couple of months went by riding on an underground parking lot on the "polished" concrete.Don't take part in the competitions and not going to take, run purely for pleasure. Changed quite a lot of batteries (apparently due to the fact that I ride most of the time in full or almost full throttle, the battery very quickly go out of order).

Now the questions:

1) IfI leave the stock electronics and motor and go to the lipo (as I understandTurnigy and Zippy is quite normal and not worth spending money on a brand ... or better yet take the Venom?) It will solve the problem with the failure of batteries?!

2) Ifto move toBL system (at the same time to increase the time and riding) and whether to proceed? All I knew from the forumthat'sI needsensoredmotor at 10.5... What you recommend to take like a set (esc + motor)? Desirable budget option, but if you think it is better to just save money and get something more expensive, it also accepted!

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:42 AM
metapess

Default RE: Sprint2Drift, Bl and Lipo

What kind of opinion on thiscombo fromLRP: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXMP2&P=0 (no ads)

sensored ESC,300A, supportslipo 2S

Motor sensored: 4.8-7.4 volts, 4400 rpm per volt, 190 watt
Old 04-26-2011, 09:02 AM
gokemidoro

Have you been to the HPISprint 2 thread in the "electric on-road cars" forum? Or seen the Sprint 2 threads here?

Check them out.......there's a lot of good info and recommendations, you may find a few nice hop-ups that don't cost money to do, too!

All your questions can be answered by looking up the Sprint 2 stuff here. There's a lot!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:01 AM
metapess

I know that a lot of information... Its too difficult to find what you need... I could not find!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:29 AM
gokemidoro

Yah, it's a lot to go through.

Can I make a suggestion then? If you are burning through your battery because you run wide open all the time, first, you need to slow down. If the power system is too slow to drift, go BL. The system you posted in the link is a good one, but other companies make good systems for much less. Try a Castle Sidewinder Sv2 with a 4600Kv motor. They go for less than $100, and are PC adjustable with the Castle Link.

I, myself use Venom 2S 5000Mah 30C hardcase LiPos in my own Sprint 2, so it works. For the price you were ready to pay for the LRP, you can have a Sidewinder,Castle Linkand two venom LiPos.

Sound good?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:45 PM
metapess

It sounds great, but ... Castle is also sensorless
Old 04-26-2011, 03:07 PM
gokemidoro

Don't let that dissuade you.

The "cogging" inherent in sensorless systems has gottten a bad rap lately. Also, the Sv2 has a 4-pole motor, which will cut down that tendency, which is already a non-issue (at least with me), because it only affects starts from a dead stop. Once the car is underway, being sensorless is not an issue.

Castle systems are also very strong. They're all I've run, for more than five years. I haven't had a single problem with any of them.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:13 AM
metapess

Believe you and probably will order Castle Creations SV2 Sidewinder + Castle Creations 1406 Series 4600kV... Ready to hear the pros and cons of this combo.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:33 AM
gokemidoro

If you don't get an answer, use this (you may already have seen it, but it's good for comparing to other systems) to determine if it's right for you:

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...inder_sv2.html
Old 04-27-2011, 06:39 PM
kstmRYD

hands down, castle creation sidewinder rock solid! I have super smooth throttle with sensorless 5700kv using 4000 to 5000mah lipos. I have run this sidewinder to death, hundreds of hours on this thing with no problems.