Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Hpi sprint 2 drift?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 03:17 PM
macz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpi sprint 2 drift?

Are the hpi sprint 2 camaro and 350z drift cars decent? I can get an exceed drift brushless for $169...
Old 09-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Post-Amerika

Default RE: Hpi sprint 2 drift?

They're decent drift cars with a huge backing for replacement parts in the event of a break.

If you've never tried RC drifting, either the HPI Sprint 2 or the Tamiya TT-01D Type E would be my recommendations.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:04 AM
leadfootdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing agaist Exceed but you get what you pay for... Ive had my Sprint 2 for three years now and it still runs like it did coming from the factory hell it runs better now I'd say
Old 09-30-2011, 05:46 AM
sunco1

sprint 2 drift ftw
Old 10-02-2011, 11:08 AM
crzsteveo

the e10 chassis is a bit hevier and i personally dont like how it handles. it "slides" more then drifting.

the exceed rc cars are okay, but they always are out of stock and parts are never available. hpi will be around for awhile. so there parts will always remain there.

plus are exceed electronics waterproof? hell no they arent. you water on those and they are fried! hpi sprint now has 2.4 radio and waterproof electronics!

sprint is the way
Old 10-04-2011, 12:32 AM
86MOmo

I've been selling the Sprint2 drift cars for quite a while and everyone who drifts it, really likes it.

It seems like they have a run of bad rear belts, in that they strip, but its few and far between. I think it also depends on where you drift.

The new Sprint 2 drift are very nice and with the 2.4 and WP ESC, its prety cool, but expensive. With a little work, they can be made to CS, which is really helpful in drifting.

Momo

Old 10-09-2011, 11:28 AM
kstmRYD

Sprint 2 drifts well, it is a little whippy, so after you start to master it you can whip it back and forth (switchbacks) nicely. There is a lot of parts support for it, I had one several years back, used it for a long time. True the rear belt is an issue, it is notorious for shredding up the belt when debris gets caught in it, there are a couple of quick mods you can do to it to resolve the problem.

Here was my sprint countersteered, front one way and a few suspension hop ups...