Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

upgrade

Old 03-01-2012, 01:51 PM
scavone128

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrade

Im looking to upgrade from my TL-01 to a TT-01 and dont know which one to get. the TT-01E or the TT-01D, is it worth the extra 50 bucks in upgrades. im new to drifting so any suggestions would be greatly appreacated.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:20 AM
cykotik1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: upgrade

Go with the TT01D. It's purpose built for drifting and should get you sliding with minimum effort. It also has a large parts support through third party manufacturers. It depends on your budget though. Drift chassis can be way up there in price ($1000+). See what your lhs supports and go from there. I know this first hand. I have a HPI and two Yokomo chassis. My LHS supports HPI but not Yokomo. So if my Yok breaks down on me, I gotta wait to get parts from overseas. My HPI breaks down, I'm back up and running in a few hours. See what is out there, and remember to lock the rear diff and get a front one way with whatever you choose.