Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

chassis question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 10:16 PM
jadidaskv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chassis question

hi all im new to this whole hobby. I actually havent got anything cool yet im just looking into it. Ive used ammature rc cars from toys r us and stuff like that but i just started looking into building a cool car.

i was looking on ebay for bmw rc cars and seen some bodies that only fit on curtain chassis. one was a tt-01 type E. and the other was MR-02 WIDE MM or MR-02 MM. they seemed similair in price. whats the difference and whats better for drifting? any links that can get me more familure or insite you guys have on these chassis?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 PM
jadidaskv

Default RE: chassis question

31 reads not one reply lol. i really want to buy one soon but I want to get the best one for the money. and i want to spend too much and these are similar in price (trying to stay under $200)

Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM
cykotik1

Here you go. You will have to get your radio gear for it though. If you want to drift and are set on a BMW body this is my choice.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXYVN4&P=SM

Old 03-08-2012, 05:18 PM
jadidaskv

thats the same chassis as the e36 318 i posted, the tt-01E. I do like the e30 m3 with the wide body, but i personally drive an e36 328. i can always buy that e30 body after the fact. I ended up already ordering the e36 because i waited for a reply and didnt see one. at least i still got the right chassis. 

i know im going to have to get the transmitter , radio, and servo. What would you suggest? 
Old 03-09-2012, 02:25 PM
cykotik1

For a radio I would recommend a Spektrum like the following: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_119/products_id/202709/n/Spektrum-DX3C-DSM-3-Channel-Surface-Radio. It has multiple memories so if you get hooked like me, you can just get new receivers for your new cars and use the same controller.

As far as a servo goes, I would recommend a high speed servo. Bluebird and Savox makes some good ones for a decent price.

Seeing how you got the E model instead of the D, you will need to get some drift tires as well. Raikou makes some great drift tires that won't break the bank.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:19 PM
jadidaskv

hows that one in comparison to the 4ch traxxas tqi with the ipod dock?