Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Need help with battery to car

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Need help with battery to car

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 03:51 PM
driftredemption

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with battery to car

Hey im Jim, new here. Just bought a tt-01 chassis, 2 sky lipo 2 cell 5000 mAh, and a X1 Hitec multi charger. I am new to RC cars and need help figuring out if I need an adapter or to get a different battery. I attached pictures of all connection. So please respond with what Ineed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38860.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1743566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20364.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1743567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79476.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1743568  
Old 03-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Hoostas
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Need help with battery to car

Most people change out the white Tamiya plug that is on that speed control. Other kinds give a better connection. Different people use different connectors. My brother and friends swear by Deans connectors, and they convert all their batteries and speed controls to them. I use Traxxas connectors, they are tough and easey to use, and can take a ton of current. I put them on everything. I am primarliy a basher, so my batteries don't directly soldier on, so they all get Traxxas. I don't know much about the bullet connecors on you battery, but I'm sure you can get an adapter for your charger and one to soldier on the speed control at your local shop or at Tower Hobbies. Don't cut off the Tamiya adapter (the white plastic molex type) on your charger though. That almost allways voids the warranty, and you can buy all sorts of adapters for them. Cutting them off the speed control also usually voids the warranty, but I always do it. It is not neccessary on the charger though.. I have adapters for my charger for Traxxas, and Deans in case my bro is over and we need to charge one of his.. Hope this helps some.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the esc ment to handle lipo batterys? i cant think of an lipo compatable esc that would come stock with the tamiya low current connector.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Hoostas
My Feedback: (1)

I didn't even think of that... Best read the manual to your speed control before going further bud... Make sure it can take lipos..
Old 04-01-2012, 04:11 AM
icedude1989

in fact, tamiya connectors melted on me when i put lipos on my leopard esc... and it happened to my bud on his hobbywing esc too. the gold plug connectors are the best for high current in my opinion. that is to say because gold is the best metal conductor, then gld plugs should be the best connections. deans and traxxas are both good connectors for high current from what i hear as well. in driftredemption's case id just stick gold plugs on the esc and get an adapter for the charger. unless the charger takes the balancer plug, in which case u dont need to change anything