After getting my Rustler VXL I realized i had the most fun with it when I was able to use it to drift on wet grass/pavement. So ive decided to get into drifting now.
Im looking at getting a Drifter but cant decide on what to get, and I was hoping to get some help from some knowledgable people already involved in drifting.
Ive read most if not all of the recent posts similar to this one and because i am new to the RC Drifting scene i know there's a crap ton of stuff i dont know or have overlooked, and want to make sure i cover all of my bases. Ive been looking at the TT01, Hpi Sprint 2 Drift and the TC4 but i know theres many other options hopefully which fall into the guidelines ive tried to outline below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Things im looking for and limitations:
* 99% of the driving will take place outdoors, i would prefer a shaft driven car because of this, or if my best option is still belt drive a system known for being reliable with outdoor use. ( I dont want to be constantly having to clean it or replacing belts.)
* Im not looking to compete with it, but would like it to perform nicely. Future upgrades will definatly be purchased, so thats another thing to consider.
* RTR or Kit, i'm mechanically capable and wouldnt mind building my own, however if the options are better as a RTR i will settle with that.
* Has to be Electric, but im not able to use LiPo. Would like to use LiFe if decent ones are available with a reasonable price.(I havent done much research into LiFe other than the basics, would love some advice on which to get, and if their worth getting for a drift application) NiMh will be used otherwise.
* Budget would be $300ish for RTR and $200ish if its a kit. (I understand most if not all kits come without the additional hardware, and am prepared for the additional costs).
* What kind of hardware would anyone suggest for finishing off the kit. (think of it as if you were building it yourself, keeping in mind a reasonable budget of $200ish with some flexibility to start).
As you can see ive got some more or less basic guidelines of what im looking for. I understand there are a ton of options to choose from but I hope this will if not get me started at least point me in the right direction.
Thanks again, one and all.