Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Tires. Polished concret/more grip?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Tires. Polished concret/more grip?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 AM
thebirdman3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires. Polished concret/more grip?

I am new to rc's and jus got a coupleof hpi sprint drift 2's for me andmy dadand love it! We run them in our warehouse that had very slippery polished concret and would like to get more traction for speed. I know these are drifters but what tires would you guys recommend for more sport/touring performance but still be able to some what drift and break the tires loose if desired? I have been looking at the X-Patterns in the D-compound and pro-compound? Would either of these work for our cars on dusty polished cement? Sorry for such a long post, I have been searching all week with no answers to my questions. Thanks!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Arkimidies

Default RE: Tires. Polished concret/more grip?

I had a pair of the X- Patterns in D compound for my old Driftstar with a 4800kv motor in it, they gave enough grip to get you going fast, but would also let you drift, although it was more challenging, since they wanted to get more traction.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:59 PM
thebirdman3

What about the raikou dxpe tires? Would they offer around the same traction as the x-patterns? They are way bettered priced!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:45 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

check out this thread

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_51...tm.htm#5156885
Old 02-01-2013, 06:03 PM
kstmRYD

ORIGINAL: thebirdman3

What about the raikou dxpe tires? Would they offer around the same traction as the x-patterns? They are way bettered priced!
Gotta agree... the DXPE's will give you enough grip to build the speed you are looking for and will slide really nice when you break them loose. Tread will not give you the grip you are looking for, most of these tires are hard plastic. The DXPE's are a softer compound that will bite a bit more.

I used them on a super slick marble floor during a comp that was held in a car dealership and on other very polished surfaces where other tires slip too much.