Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Good Brushed setup for drifting?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Good Brushed setup for drifting?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 09:57 AM
MttE36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Brushed setup for drifting?

Hi! This is my first post. I just recently bought a 3 Racing Sakura D4 AWD CS. It's my first drift car so far, and i don't want to spend a lot of money on a brushless system, so I was thinking of getting a cheap (under $50) brushed ESC and Motor. What are your recommendations? Thanks, Matt
Old 08-18-2017, 04:12 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

can't go wrong with either of these combos:
GoolRC 540 45T Motor w/ 60A ESC Combo for 1/10 RC Rock Crawler Climbing Car G7Q2 | eBay

or for a few bucks more I would go this route:
GoolRC Upgrade Waterproof F540 4370KV Brushless Motor w/ 45A ESC Combo Set X5T0 | eBay

next step up in quality while still staying in budget:
GoolRC 540 3100KV Sensorless Brushless Motor with LED Programming Card N4B4 | eBay
Old 08-25-2017, 06:08 AM
nogyroguru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

You can get a pretty decent brushed or brushless setup from a company called Speed Passion. They are pretty reliable and easy to work with. The combo's they have on rcmart.com you can get for just under 50$ and it comes with the ESC, motor, fan, external BEC, and even a programming card. They have quiet a few different options on the Kv of the motor and settings of the ESC's also. You could also check towerhobbies.com they usually have pretty good deals and can get stuff to your doorstep pretty fast.