Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

stadium truck to TT-01 drifter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

stadium truck to TT-01 drifter

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 12:06 PM
cssdev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stadium truck to TT-01 drifter

ORIGINAL: monster belair

lol, seems like it. let me add. . . . . a lot of the time not modifying the car yourself. Paying other people to do it.
SO untrue... If that was so, I feel sorry for just about every classic american car. They take their cars to shops to have them painted, interior, motor work....That's signing a check and not doing it themselves.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:00 PM
nitroracer20

Why hello there chaps!!!
I have a questing regarding the "ricers" Can you tell me Who? Or What a ricers really is?
You have my everlasting Thanks!!
Old 01-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Kensaku

ORIGINAL: nitroracer20

Why hello there chaps!!!
I have a questing regarding the "ricers" Can you tell me Who? Or What a ricers really is?
It's a bit of a vague term of describing someone who modifies an economical import car, such as a Honda Civic and makes performance and cosmetic modifications to it. Big spoilers, lowered suspension, neon lights, aftermarket brakelights/headlights, etc.

Also, it's not so much the car itself, but the "Ricer" image that so many people make fun of. These kids (usually teenagers/early twenties) sit back in their reclined "sleeper" seats with their eyes barely visible over the side window (you'd think grandma was driving), revving their exhausts like they're the next coming of Michael Schumacher, are usually just wanting to be cool.

I guess these days "Ricer" can mean anyone with a modified Japanese car, which is pretty retarded.

"My brother's friend's cousin's '68 Camaro SS can whoop your riced out Subaru WRX anyday!"

And such as it is...
Old 01-24-2005, 02:42 PM
cssdev

Well my cousin's uncle's brother's father in law has a 9second civic that can whoop that '68 Camaro SS. The eternal I know someone who knows someone adage...
Old 01-24-2005, 04:13 PM
nitroracer20

Thank you ever so much, and you DO have my everlasting thanks.
cssdev-Wow, thats fast!
Thanks All
Old 01-24-2005, 04:21 PM
cssdev

Thank you ever so much, and you DO have my everlasting thanks.
cssdev-Wow, thats fast!
Thanks All
LoL, I was just joking around don't take it seriously... even though there are 9sec. hondas.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:34 PM
evaderguy89

ORIGINAL: Kensaku

Why hello there chaps!!!
It's a bit of a vague term of describing someone who modifies an economical import car, such as a Honda Civic and makes performance and cosmetic modifications to it. Big spoilers, lowered suspension, neon lights, aftermarket brakelights/headlights, etc.

Also, it's not so much the car itself, but the "Ricer" image that so many people make fun of. These kids (usually teenagers/early twenties) sit back in their reclined "sleeper" seats with their eyes barely visible over the side window (you'd think grandma was driving), revving their exhausts like they're the next coming of Michael Schumacher, are usually just wanting to be cool.

I guess these days "Ricer" can mean anyone with a modified Japanese car, which is pretty retarded.

"My brother's friend's cousin's '68 Camaro SS can whoop your riced out Subaru WRX anyday!"

And such as it is...

ah yes, but can that '68 camero beat my cousins 20psi celica?
Old 01-24-2005, 04:42 PM
cssdev

LoL, he was joking around... no need to bust out the you know somoene's car.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:51 PM
evaderguy89

i know he was, but its a little hard to sound sarcastic on a forum.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:53 PM
cssdev

I know right, maybe they should make a sarcastic font or something.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Richs MT2

whats your nominal compression ration?
im runnin 30 psi with somthin like 9 to1. you ever check out Endyne.com that guy is amazing. i believe this guy came from the ford nascar program to put his knowledge and theory into building some insane B18's and B16's
Old 01-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Richs MT2

i can appreciate anyone who is willing to learn indepth auto theory. I have to run a laptop to do a tune up in my [link=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/302039]70 Charger[/link] i used alot of the new "ricer" technology and theory when building my old dodge
Old 01-24-2005, 05:51 PM
monster belair

This forum has swayed me a little. I categorized ricers as people who paid others to mod there cars, and american muscle cars as people doing it them selves. But I'm changing what I'm thinking, I will go as far to say that if you work on your car and do everything yourself thats the way to do it. Even if you are a ricer doing it yourself is the way it was meant to be. If you don't do it yourself whats the point? You can't show pride in your car if you didn't do it yourself.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:04 PM
Kensaku

I don't disagree with you.

People who have the knowledge, skill, and resources (money and tools) to work on their own cars is very admirable.

However, 90% of the population do not do custom work on their cars and I don't think you should criticize them for that.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:08 PM
monster belair

Thats fine but don't brag about something that someone else did for you.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:09 PM
cssdev

So what you're saying is the only way to enjoy having a custom automobile is limited by those who seek to have a profession in the custom auto field, and by those few garage junkies? Having a nice job and wanting a nice car is not good enough for the average american? I would much rather take my car to a shop to do the work, they would know more than the garageman, it's their profession. Most shops only hire certified technicians and mechanics in my area, that's a good level of security to whoever takes their car in to have it worked on. What degrees/certifications/levels of education do most garagemen have past highschool auto shop? I agree with you on small things like changing taillights, installing minor motor modifications, but that's about it...
Old 01-24-2005, 06:13 PM
cssdev

ORIGINAL: monster belair

Thats fine but don't brag about something that someone else did for you.
READ the magazines you flip through, you'll see they're built by hotrod shops and other people other than the owners. Be it foreign, or domestic most of the poeple take their cars to shops to have work done to them. That fully blown motor in that classic was not built at home, it was done by someone else. That shiney metallic paint that makes the car shine was done by a shop. That interior that looks so nice, yup, that too was not done by the owner.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:15 PM
monster belair

Yea, and I would never give those people any respect for there cars. I respect the mechanics in the shops who built the hotrod for the rich dumb a s s e s.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:21 PM
cssdev

Would you mind showing me a car that you give respect? I would also like to see some text on the car saying that it was all built by the owner. That would cure me, but you're being really ignorant now. The best cars in the world are not built by their owners, be it show cars, performance cars, monster trucks...
Old 01-24-2005, 06:24 PM
monster belair

What kind of work are you talking about? I'm talking about rebuilding engines, new headers, a lot of guys around here have built/restored there own hotrods by themselves.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:29 PM
cssdev

A primered, dented up, old car with a rebuilt motor and some minor engine mods is hardly something to be bragging about. I'm kinda getting an idea of the cars you're into now, redneck mobiles, like on joe dirt... he did all the work himself, must be proud. LOL

EDIT: 5th page, we're almost to the hottest topic status, lol.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:46 PM
cssdev

The car mentioned was refered to the first one, not the one at the end.

The one on the left, that's hot, no?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:54 PM
monster belair

We have hotrod shows every month here. All the guys have built/restored there own. 57 belair, roadrunners, all the classics. They all did themselves, those people are kew.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:58 PM
speenair

go to a car forum!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 07:01 PM
cssdev

That's not proving anything... Their cars are not national show winners, they're not 1/4 mile winners, they're not top of the line. There's no way a one man garage can produce a winner himself because the painter at the local shop has the proper facilities to turn out a show stopping paintjob, the crew down at the local upholstery show has the tools/materials to wrap up a perfect interior, the local hotrod shop has the machines/tools to build a heavy hitting motor.

I would have more pride in knowing my car won a race, a national show, or whatever the case...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.