Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

noobie

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 04:55 PM
slidewayz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noobie

um i am 14 and am looking for my for my first rc other than my old xmod i have 100 bucks dive me some advice on a carin that price range that is upgradable if there is a car on ebay only tell me if it is a buy it now ok tanhs everybody
Old 01-20-2005, 04:59 PM
cssdev

Default RE: noobie

Hi there,
You should do a search on ebay for tamiya, or hpi. Any 4WD touring car will work just fine. Just look into getting a stock class 27Turn motor, and a decent e.s.c. I reccomend the HPI dash, they're affordable, and work perfect for a first drift car.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:23 AM
slidewayz

thanks man i was looking at the dash i got another question can i get any hop up parts for it thanks agin
Old 01-21-2005, 11:17 AM
cossie

dont bother with the dash get a tl01 or a associated tc3 there the best or a yokomo drift kit
Old 01-21-2005, 12:06 PM
cssdev

ORIGINAL: slidewayz

thanks man i was looking at the dash i got another question can i get any hop up parts for it thanks agin
I don't know too much about what hop-ups may or may not be available. As far as electric motors, e.s.c.'s, and radio gear go you're pretty much limitless. Also any 190mm touring car body will fit with +0mm offset wheels, and any 200mm touring body will fit with +5mm offset wheels ( thats how you can make the deepdish rims and not have the mex look ).
Old 01-21-2005, 05:48 PM
cssdev

ORIGINAL: cossie

dont bother with the dash get a tl01 or a associated tc3 there the best or a yokomo drift kit
Mind explaining why you think a tc3 is the best? I have had a FT TC3 and a YOK SD SSG and the SSG was a better drifter, due to being lighter and well balanced. Did you skip over the part about him having only $100.00 to work with? The dash is $100.00 and comes rtr right out of the box, just charge the battery and go!
Old 01-22-2005, 04:50 AM
DRIFT DEVILS | Cali Agent

In all honesty its all about preferance. What RCs interest you when it comes to a 4WD chasis? And do you know actually people with Drift RCs. I think the best way is to actually meet with RC Drifters and check out what and what not to buy. They can provide more advice easily, rather than coming here and waiting for a comment. Not to bash any of you guys. But in my opinion thats the best way he can go. Like if I told you that a Tamiya TT-01 or TL-01 was a good set up so what? you need to see what they actually can do. Because everyone has their own style and what they like is something you might now like. you know? But anyway. If you're uber new I would tell you to go and purchase a Yokomo Drift kit. Its the best thing if you have no idea what you really want. Peace
Old 01-22-2005, 12:19 PM
slidewayz

i think i might go with the tt01 because i have a radio already not very good at all and not really mine i see also that the new ones come with an esc and motor but if you could i would gladly apperciate any help such as looking for a radio ofr real cheap i saw one on tower hobbies it is a futabu with 2 servos for like 48 bucks keep on helping me out though lets keep in touch thanks again
Old 01-22-2005, 12:48 PM
cssdev

ORIGINAL: DRIFT DEVILS | Cali Agent

In all honesty its all about preferance. What RCs interest you when it comes to a 4WD chasis? And do you know actually people with Drift RCs. I think the best way is to actually meet with RC Drifters and check out what and what not to buy. They can provide more advice easily, rather than coming here and waiting for a comment. Not to bash any of you guys. But in my opinion thats the best way he can go. Like if I told you that a Tamiya TT-01 or TL-01 was a good set up so what? you need to see what they actually can do. Because everyone has their own style and what they like is something you might now like. you know? But anyway. If you're uber new I would tell you to go and purchase a Yokomo Drift kit. Its the best thing if you have no idea what you really want. Peace
He lives in KY, how many drifters do you think live in KY? LOL, forums is all the kid has! A decent 2 channel radio system would be a the airtronics blazer, decently priced, works excellent. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Tagsrover

back to the dash, it is only 2 wd, you'd be much better off drifting something with 4 wd.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:56 PM
cssdev

ORIGINAL: Tagsrover

back to the dash, it is only 2 wd, you'd be much better off drifting something with 4 wd.
My bad, i never knew that... Good thing he hasn't bought anything yet. The sprint is the elcheapo hpi car that's 4wd.