Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Drifting stories

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 09:18 PM
greasysnowball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drifting stories

i was wondering if anyone would share some of their drifting stories, mainly because i like to tell people my stories and i like to hear some of theirs.

Here is mine:

I had set up a drifting track for my TC3 with some tires off of my rusty and my right front tire cliped it and it had thrown my car clear over the tire. i checked it out and nothing seemed to be wrong, little did i know i stripped a screw than my right front turnbuckle cap sits on (the top one). So i went back to driving completly unaware of that problem. Shortly after i had sent my car in a drift and my right front tire just went under my A-arm, and sent my car into a tumble.when i went to take my body off, the only problem i saw was that my A-Arm snapped and my tire was missing. so i looked at my car again and luckily there wasnt much damage, but because my car was flipping so mych it had shaken my ESC and Reciever loose and i had to buy some thread lock for my screw . all and all my car works GREAT now. and i had just gotten my SS5800 Brushless system in the mail today and i plan on drifting with that really soon.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Pintailboarder

Default RE: Drifting stories

i don't have any stories yet, sry
Old 07-08-2005, 03:02 PM
greasysnowball

wow not many people do im guessing
Old 07-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Tolano

i got a story for you

Once upon a time there was a guy who wanted to get out of nitro stadium trucks an get into into electric drifting. So he put his trusty old (well not really very old at all) xxx-nt rtr up for trade and got a wonderful offer for a used xray t1 with an esc and a battery. The touring car guy was nice enough to let the would be drifter keep his radio too, since they both had the same one. Our valiant newbie recieves his xray in the mail and it is way above his expectations! sure it is missing some screws here and there, but the carbon fiber is purrrdddy. As he sifts through the box he notices that the battery that came with it is a stick pack, and T1s require a saddle pack. After many hours of searching on the internet a suitable pack is found, well 2 actually. Today our hero received his 2 3000mah saddle packs in the mail and was very pleased. the only problem is that the esc that was promised with the car has not arrived yet, since the touring car guys cousin has it and he is currently out of town, he also forgot to include the motor mounting screws, but has assured the wouldbe drifter that they are coming with the esc.

the moral of the story is, dont write about yourself in the third person and waiting sucks.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Pintailboarder

nice
Old 07-09-2005, 10:03 AM
insecureshoe

i have a story

i finally got a 200$ car from the US when my mom went there. i took it out of its packet can went for a spin.
b4 u know it i was drifting around on the street when out of no where a huge ass **** 6 wheel truck comes over,
and u guessed it, runs my car over and i couldnt do anything about it... i rekon it got ran over by 6 cars b4 i cud pick it up..
everything was messed up! even the wheels were torn up..
Old 07-13-2005, 05:52 PM
greasysnowball

i just resently installed my SS5800 Brushless motor and the tires were rotating so fast that the tire came off and i had lost my screw . then i slapped on some drifting tires and hit a filler while i was sidways and flipped about 5 times . im fonna post pics of my car tomorrow. i would do it now but i gotta go to work so ill see ya all tomorrow