Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What the Best RC drift car?

Can anyone tell me the best RC Drift Car?

Can anyone Name all the Brand or Name of the Best RC Drift Cars

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: What the Best RC drift car?

The Japanese regard the Tamiya TA-03F as the world's best RC drifter. Tamiya knows this and will be releasing the TA-03F Pro Drift Spec sometime this month.

As for what the best one is, it's all a matter of opinion. The only real requirement is 4WD. I think my Yokomo MR-4TC BD is the ultimate drifter, but with the $420 MSRP, most everyone else would look at something cheaper.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

why is it that RC drift cars are 4wd and you never see that on a full scale drifter?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what are you talking about?? you do see it. drifting evo and sti and skyline

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Evo's, Imprezas and GT-R's usually don't drift. If you didn't know, the Blitz ER34 and Yuke's Impreza in the D1 Grand Prix are rear-wheel drive. And as for an Evo, Rhys Millen was testing a RWD Evo 9 before he decided to stick with the GTO for Formula D.

Now when it comes to RC, 4WD is a must. Most every RWD RC has a mid-rear motor layout and since there is a lack of weight in the front, drifting is impossible. The front wheel power in a 4WD RC drifter will assist you in drift recovery.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well a cheap 4wd 4WD Drift Special

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

and d1 is about to or thinking about letting this 550 beast com out of its cage

and i drift with 4wd in gran turismo hehehehe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

which is better to drift with Gas or Electric?

Tell me if there any other brand that are best for RC Drifting

Thank You!!!
    Origoto!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well i say electric cuz less hasle. nitro gas and engine trouble blehhhhhh

electric-yokomo, tamiya, hpi, schumacher, any electric hooby grade cars can drift.(belt or shaft) (4wd prefebly)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's the scoop, any car can drift, electric is easier to drift, but nitro is fine as well. You'll probably want some decent drift tires, but you can make those yourself.

There's LOADS of best drift car threads on this forum, so next time just read. In fact, there's 3 of these threads on the FRONT PAGE right now.

As for 4WD vs. 2WD, RC drifters are 4WD because it's much easier to control a 4WD car that small. It has to do with grip, weight, and surface, but the point is that you could drift with 2WD (front OR back) as well, it would just be harder.

For full scale drifting, you can drift with RWD, FWD, AWD, 4WD, any of them. RWD is much easier to control while drifting for obvous reasons. 4WD and AWD tend to pull the car around the turn and make it difficult for the rear to slide out. FWD can be used for drifting (there's 2 FWD cars in D1GP) but they tend to drift much slower because they have to use the e-brake much more. RWD is usually used for drifting due to the variety of techniques that you can use to initiate a drift. You can only do certain types of drifting in RWD. Also, it's much easier to have a different wheel speed for front and rear in a 2WD car. The larger the differential, the more angle. This is how clutch kick, braking, power over, and e-brake drifting work.

If you want to know more about how drifting works, go watch the Drift King video, or if you're cheap or lazy go look it up on wikipedia.org.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here are pics of my Pro4 and FF01 classic with hop-ops (FRP upper & lower chassis decks, aluminum hex hubs, suspension & steering turnbuckles, aluminum shocks, custom rear stabilizers. I use the FF for drifting. Pretty easy to drift and control with PVC wheels.

HPI Pro4 v.1.1 - KO Propo VFS-1 Hara Twister 2 - Futaba 3PJS - Futaba R113iP Micro PCM - Hitec HS-5955TG

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sexy lambo.......ugly corolla. isnt it for rally??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Go with the TC4!! Drift Nashville!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

another reason these cars almost have to be 4wd it is becaause the scale horsepower is like 2000 compared to a real car and how fast these things can go and it is like 10000 for nitros that is a major reason your average drift machine is about 400 to 500

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea that but should have let this thread die. its a gravedig

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Basically there isn't a 'best' rc drift car, it's all in your setup just like the grip racing world

Take a skeet at the cars the sg drifters use, tt's tl's pro3's pro4's etc. etc.

Buy what you like and can get spares and accessories for then get on with it

I don't like the way my TC3 drifts but some love theirs, I don't think the TA03F is the ultimate but some would hang me for heresy, but I do love the way my losi street weapon drifts and I think the JRXS would be a killer drifter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i like my nitro for driftn...its fun an realistic....altho a bit of a headache wen it stalls...
    other than that..PVC works well jus need to keep low RPM (which is obvious)

all an all id say its personal preference...wat ever u lern on is usualy wat u like

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

theres normaly no such thing as the best drift car its the best driver and the best setup.I drift with a schumacher fusion in the wet and it is so heavy that it is actually really stable and it just doesnt spin out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

also anyone with a really powerful nitro car sumthing like 2.5 horsepower try to make tire smoke .If you use normal tires in a very shallow icy puddle (like half melted snow) and from a standstill and just go full throttle and it wheelspin's soooo fast u get a bit of tire smoke just try

ps:no its not exhaust!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

whatever

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hiey sorry but whats the white corolla? what car? and where did you get the body? i love it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

its a corolla rally car . painted white

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ugh actualy any car is suitable for drifting it's just the driver and how you feel the effects i feel the drifting effects but can you also i think you might be into rally becuase evo andimprezaare my favourite from rally also the drifting is an art when published you can't change it once done always done

Nothing Is Impossible If You Don't Beleive In Yourself T.T T.T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There really isn't a best drift car...but best drifter! put a high end car in the hands of a mediocre drifter and put a low end car in the hands of a seasoned drifter...hands down the experienced "trigger finger" will be the best...had nothing to do with the car!

It's true some chassis outshine others...like the Yokomo DRB which is made with hands down high quality parts...awesome balance...no hop ups needed...but you are paying for it...easy seven bills. Put this chassis in my hands and put me up against some of my teammates with a TT01 and I still will get served! I'm no slouch but some guys could drift a brick perfectly!

Also you need to consider what you call "drifting" really is? fast paced parking lot...taking huge sweeps all by yourself? or slower paced technical drifting on polished concrete surface layout with a bunch of other cars going door to door with you?

The parking lot stuff is fun...no doubt about it...but staying controlled in a lane going sideways with another car or two within inches of you...well that's drifting in my book!

On nitro vs electric...once again...depends what you are aiming to do. You can never control the raw power of a nitro on a controlled layout with tight turns and other cars on it...that's why you never see one on those videos with those nice tracks with all the props like guard rails, garages, hills and so forth. But go gymkhana with it in a huge asphalt layout...nitro is the choice for big thrills.

When it comes to RC drifting to real world 1:1 drifting...the physics are totally different...we wish we could slide and switchback the 1:1 car on a dime like the RC car...that would be a hell of a ride!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im on here looking for a decent electric, but i drift pretty well with my nitro rs4 3, it has an over powered tamiya .18 engine i took out of a 1/8 monster truck everything else is stock including the tires! i can drift small corners and tight turns just fine, i can also drift larger corners at 30-45 mph (estimated) all smoothly and realistically. its lots of fun, problem is despite my efforts its impossible for me to keep that particular engine cool during a hard drift session, ive got it running so rich i burn a plug every couple runs. the engine gets too hot to run an entire tank. that type of abuse is not good for the engine at all, ive already rebuilt it once. so i intend to convert it to a racer by changing out the gearing, and tires. i hope to switch to electric for less hassle with my drift sessions.  nitro is really fun, but overheating is an issue (even without the body) keep in mind tho that the engine i used was never intended for that purpose, it lacked proper carb adjustments. im sure with the right set-up, engine, and gear ratio, that overheating would be less of an issue if not a non-issue.  before i convert tho id be happy to make a driveway drift video