Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Rc Drift cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 09:38 AM
TIGER76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rc Drift cars

first off, never consider a tt-01. I have one and like it, but it's design is shiznit
So whats wrong with the design? well its has a bathtub chassis great for keeping stones out etc also shaft driven also better for drifting instant power,no belt wear etc and as for torque steer that only applies to large scale cars with monster engines.I run a 10turn motor in mine and never seen torque steer once lol

If it was a bad drifter why would so many be sold for drifting and tamiya make a drift edition?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:43 PM
MoB KyotE

Been away from here for a long time. And although I like personal oppinion, I am seeing a lot of this is the best because it is belt. Now Back in the day when I was just starting out everyone said go with the tt-01 apposed to a belt driven car. Reason being, belt drivin cars are a little harder to maintain. not much. But I still went with the tt-01 over the Sprint 2 drift. I still have my tt-01 but I use my sprint when the area is clean because I try to not have to change belts oftin. After using both I don't see any point to having one or the other aside from the fact that you should get what you want.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:42 PM
cbr6fs

ORIGINAL: MoB KyotE

Been away from here for a long time. And although I like personal oppinion, I am seeing a lot of this is the best because it is belt. Now Back in the day when I was just starting out everyone said go with the tt-01 apposed to a belt driven car. Reason being, belt drivin cars are a little harder to maintain. not much. But I still went with the tt-01 over the Sprint 2 drift. I still have my tt-01 but I use my sprint when the area is clean because I try to not have to change belts oftin. After using both I don't see any point to having one or the other aside from the fact that you should get what you want.

If your wearing out belts then something is adjusted incorrectly.

I have a Pro (Belt drive) and a Pro4 (Shaft drive).
Personally i much prefer the Pro3 as it's a lot smoother to drive than the Pro4.

I've also found with the Shaft drive that with faster motors i tend to get some chassis tweak at higher speeds.
The belt drive though is smoother and more consistent.

My mate on the other HATES belt drive cars, so it really depends on your driving style and where and how you drive.

What i will say though is my Pro is used for at the very least 2 hours every week and has been for the past 2 months or so.
I've not yet replaced the belt and it looks like new.

This with a 5.5T brushless motor as well.

Only thing you do need to be careful of, is getting stones in the drive line.