Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Aussie drifters in adelaide........any here??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Aussie drifters in adelaide........any here??

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 01:37 AM
GS ROCKS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aussie drifters in adelaide........any here??

I got my e10 now for about 1 week its just  been sitting there though cos the charger that came with and the extra bought one both run on american mains power =(. have to get a transformer.......
Old 02-12-2010, 06:35 PM
magnat

Yeah you should have taken that into account when ordering from Over seas...
Post some Pics up of your E10..
Old 02-16-2010, 11:53 AM
LH 253

BOYCOTT HOBBY HABIT!!!

Went to Hobby Habit on Daws rd to enquire about a 13turn motor.  Hadn't been there for AGES because I seem to get s#!t service unless I want to look at buying a new car from them.  Went anyway not expecting any useful help, but took my car in anyway...

What's the first thing I see in the doorway?  Himoto drift cars!  EXACTLY the same as my HSP.  Yet they say they can get parts for ANY car they stock, but not mine?!?  Nearly walked out because I had to wait sooooo long to be 'served' (fobbed off)  They denied that my car was the same as theirs even when I pointed out the same details on a box they had on display.  When I finally got someone to show me some motors, I got some D.H. telling me the elec motors they have are 'race only' and are all 'reverse' wound!  When I asked how they work in other cars if wound backwards I got told It's a race modification and works with their cars...  So, I asked what prices they were anyway and he refused, just kept on about how they wouldn't work in mine.  I said I want one anyway I'll just connect it in reverse and it'll be just as good as theirs.  Still he wouldn't tell me prices.  He said the only one that might was a standard tamiya (some no-name standard 540) but my ESC would blow-up with anything less than 27turns!!!  (It says it handles down to 13turns)  When I explained I have a 15turn motor in there ATM he didn't believe me and said it must just be a sticker!  I took the body off my car and showed him- nope didn't believe it, he then tried to tell me it must be a standard motor- then walked off out the back!!!  I couldn't believe it!  I couldn't buy something even if I did it all for them!!

I am absolutely astounded at the f^@kin' s#!t service I got there.  If I was the boss I would've sacked that D.H. on the spot.  Surely they aren't that 'exclusive' if they sell HiMoto stuff to refuse a sale???  That's NO way to run a business.

I won't go there unless I CANNOT find what I need ANYWHERE ELSE!  I advise anyone I speak to NOT to go there as they are incompetent and useless.

In contrast, I went to S.A. Hobby Centre on Pultney St and they were unbelievably helpful!  I had 2 people helping me and said straight up if they didn't have something or weren't sure- didn't try to bulls#!t me at all, then showed me 3 or 4 suppliers listings of what they can get and worked out prices then and there for each thing and checked if it was available.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:28 AM
GS ROCKS

Sorry it's taken so long magnat but the pic of my new E10 is here

http://s1042.photobucket.com/albums/...t=DSC04158.jpg

The stock motor (27T) i'm finding to be a bit on the weak side, especially when i want to really rev the wheels and get some speed up for a long drift. Wanting to get a 20T motor but im worried about the driveshaft vibration (seeing as its plastic) a 23T motor would be fine but the only problem is i wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to put it in and anything else required with putting in new stuff e.g. pinions and the like. So it looks like it'll have to do. I'm working on getting the sideways action going for longer but the available basketball courts are made of some pretty rough asphalt so its a bit hard.

Also, anyone know how to lock the rear diff on the E10 or is it all the same?

Old 04-09-2010, 09:59 PM
aidaniel

well im from glorious adelaide and have just bought myself a cheap drifter ... one of those $250 himoto cars from hobby habit and threw on some drift tyres and a new motor and it works a treat ... having a bit of trouble with the diffs now as it will only slide one way