Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

I think i have my electric drift setup...what do you think?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

I think i have my electric drift setup...what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:42 PM
UNITED RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think i have my electric drift setup...what do you think?

First I was going to use my Nitro RS4 3 SS 4wd car to drift...but since its nitro and I will be doing most of my drifting in the front of my house, the nitro might upset the neighbors, so I am nixing the nitro drifting option. If ANYONE is looking for a NITRO RS4 3 SS with an RD Logic Pipe, etc, please let me know, I will let this "almost RTR (minus RX and radio)" go for a really good deal.

On to the electric drift package I am looking to put together. I have found and have access to the following items, which I think will be a nice drift package, but please feel free to comment and help me:

1. Castle Creations Mamba MAX Motor/ESC system (540 BL motor)
2. My own RX and 3PK radio
3 Access to any battery packs I want (hence the United RC company), looking to use lipo Apogee.

So...basically, I need a kit to install all this stuff. Steering servo will be no big deal. Here are my questions:

1. What kit would be good for a newbie 10th scale drifter?
2. What kit would be best run all the above mentioned items in?
3. Is a BL drift car a good setup? I was thinking about tuning the motor WAY down, to get good torque and LONG LONG runtimes using the lipo pack.

I have seen that it appears that the TT-01 car to have for drifting...but will this be a good solution for what I am trying to do? I really dont want to spend a ton of money on the kit, so I am not sure if the yokomo (sorry about the spelling, if wrong) is a good idea....but I am open to all of your suggestions.

PLEASE SUGGEST AWAY.

Also...any good body painters around who can hook this ride up with a killer paint job?

Thanks

URC
Old 02-09-2007, 09:54 AM
UNITED RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I think i have my electric drift setup...what do you think?

Anyone have any comments?

Here are some finding that I have read since I posted this thread:

1. I have found mixed comments on the Brushless vs. Brushed motors. I am only suggesting that I use the BL setup to increase the runtimes. But, If you think that I will not get that much more run time, then I will stick with a stock brushed motor setup

2. Due to comment #1, If you think that brushed is the way to go, then I will look at an RTR version and not a kit. Thoughts?

3. RTRs that I am considering: HPI sprint 2 Drift, if instock (if not then I will look at the reg spring rtr and buy drift tires), TC4 RTR and TAM TT-01 RTR.

*I will be drifting mostly in my street and some on a track. I would say about 80/20 split between street and track

ANYONE have any suggestions??? I am going to try to make it to the hobbyshop today and pull the trigger on this.

PS: Does Home Depot or Lowes carry ABS? I have used PVC on my 18th scale M18 to drift, but it is WAY to slick, I want a little more bite.

Thanks everyone

URC