Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

aftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Calamari100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket parts

Hi, what brands sell aftermarket hop up and replacement parts for the Tamiya TT-01? And is it possible to fit disc brakes onto a tt01?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:12 AM
TIGER76

Default RE: aftermarket parts

gpm do after market parts and so do alot of companies check up on ebay search "tt01 hopups" etc
yeah there are disc brakes available too im seen some that light up too they look awesome at night
you can just make your own though cut some circle plastic pieces and put on swindle behind the wheel dont forget to pick a cool color i had lumo blue on mine a while back[8D]
Old 08-01-2007, 12:31 AM
Dragon Soaring

i like thetoyz,com
Old 08-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Jordandarkmagic

Well actually, Tamiya pretty much has everything u need for drifting already. For the tires, just get a standard set of drift tires for 1/10 touring cars. And almost any brand of motor would fit perfectly but you might wna get a high turning motor, about 27T would do nicely. And it also helps to get an aluminum propeller shaft cuz otherwise the stock propeller shaft is gna get really really noisy when you crank it up to full throttle.
You should pretty much ahve a good idea on what u're gna get to drift properly (Oil shocks, soft springs, pinion gear and spur gear etc). Brake discs aren't really that important, but if u must get them, just get two for the rear wheels.