Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

tt-01 drifting

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Danju

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tt-01 drifting

hi all this is my first time posting in the drift section (i usually go to the traxxas section) im sure this has been asked over 100 times and im sorry if i get annoying around here. will the tt-01 kit drift out of the box? i know you have to assemble but after that, would it be drift ready? im not looking into really serious and expensive stuff...i just want some cheap toy to play with right now..oh, ive got the tx, rx, batts, and charger with me already..

thanks
Old 08-27-2007, 04:15 PM
DirtBonez

Default RE: tt-01 drifting

Get Bearings, an alloy propshaft, and make some tires out of PVC or ABS pipe. Then your good to go.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:24 PM
x2o

or get the TT-01D if your looking for an easy way. Alread comes with ball bearings and sport tuned motor with heatsink. and "drift" tires, although pvc would probably be better for tires.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:28 PM
TIGER76

yep out the box it will drift u just need some tyres to use if you get the tt-01d should have drift wheels if u get standard tt-01 either use pvc tube over the wheels,or search ebay for drift wheels or last restort put some electric tape over your tyres either way it will drift lovely and when u start dont give up easy its takes a while to nail it but well worth it in the end
Old 08-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Danju

okay, thanks....i think the tt-01 would be better cuz i can upgrade later. it could be also cheaper to buy the accessois seperatley....thanks again...
Old 09-04-2007, 08:00 PM
dalemilam58

Sorry to inturrupt thread but i have a tt-01 and it is almost bone stock... I have 6 3000MAh "venom" bat. but i also have 3 cars all the same me my bro and dad's. They all have bearings thats about it... Anyways here is the ?'s I am putting new mods in them i am looking to buy Yeah Racing Alloy 50mm damper set i have a ? though I have 2 type 50mm suspension what is better 50mm or bigger?? and is this good for drifitng? Also i am getting a motor it is a rz superstock 23t. Also I shouldnt have to get a new ESC for this motor right? Then a alloy driveshaft. But on the drive shaft do u have to get a alloy center joint cup??? Also with that motor should i get a heatsink? Then from there i am getting with a alloy battery hold. I think that is about it for now... I have been drift ing for over a year and decided to step it up. But is this a good step up??? Also i am wanting to rally alittle nothing to serious just some small jumps and a little dirt but mostly into drifitng.

Thanks alot...
Old 09-04-2007, 08:09 PM
dalemilam58

Sorry to inturrupt thread but i have a tt-01 and it is almost bone stock... I have 6 3000MAh "venom" bat. but i also have 3 cars all the same me my bro and dad's. They all have bearings thats about it... Anyways here is the ?'s I am putting new mods in them i am looking to buy Yeah Racing Alloy 50mm damper set i have a ? though I have 2 type 50mm suspension what is better 50mm or bigger?? and is this good for drifitng? Also i am getting a motor it is a rz superstock 23t. Also I shouldnt have to get a new ESC for this motor right? Then a alloy driveshaft. But on the drive shaft do u have to get a alloy center joint cup??? Also with that motor should i get a heatsink? Then from there i am getting with a alloy battery hold. I think that is about it for now... I have been drift ing for over a year and decided to step it up. But is this a good step up??? Also i am wanting to rally alittle nothing to serious just some small jumps and a little dirt but mostly into drifitng.

Thanks alot...
Old 09-04-2007, 08:20 PM
TIGER76

i replied in the tt-01 thread for you m8 before visiting here lol
Old 09-04-2007, 09:25 PM
peetiewonder

dawg, your in TO? we should get together and drift. i could show u some stuff for ur tt01 too. i used to drift mine. it will drift okay out of the box, a couple of hopups and it can be pretty good. i know a few guys who run tt01s in the top class in our comp series and do pretty well with em.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Danju

right now my tt-01 is bone dry stock...nuttin special. (except im using the infamous traxxas TQ radio and electronics[:-])
Old 09-06-2007, 03:57 PM
vielecustoms

I Drifted my tt 01 bone stock with the stock rubber tires for months before I got any mods or even found out about tapeing my tires... oh yeah yokomo drift rings are a pita. I broke all the rings trying to put them on