Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

drifting a nitro 4-tec?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:57 PM
wal_mart_security

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drifting a nitro 4-tec?

would it be possible to drift my nitro 2.5 4-tec? if it is what all would i need?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:45 PM
x2o

Default RE: drifting a nitro 4-tec?

pretty much you'll just need to make some drift tires out of ABS plastic or PVC by cutting them to size and tighten the differentials or lock them. Not sure the easiest way to do so on the 4-tec but as you know locking the differential allows all tires to spin no matter the load on it. Then, you just need to go out and have fun!

It will cost you probably about 5-15 dollars depending on the size of pipe you buy and how you lock this diff.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:51 AM
wal_mart_security

ok does anyone know how to lock/tighten the diffs on a 4-tec? should i ask this in the nitro on road section?

edit: wouldn't the HPI drift tires work better for nitro? i remember trying the yokomo 01-R tires on my 4-tec and it was so hard to control and those tires have rubber on them.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:52 AM
DriftProjectR

ORIGINAL: x2o

pretty much you'll just need to make some drift tires out of ABS plastic or PVC by cutting them to size and tighten the differentials or lock them. Not sure the easiest way to do so on the 4-tec but as you know locking the differential allows all tires to spin no matter the load on it. Then, you just need to go out and have fun!

It will cost you probably about 5-15 dollars depending on the size of pipe you buy and how you lock this diff.
i agree with you with the lock diffs, but Abs with a nitro motor? lol. it would be like driving a top fuel dragster on ice. its almost impossible.

if i were you walmart don't go with the hpi drift tires, they will work better then abs and yokomo but you'll run them down so fast it wouldn't be funny.

this is just what i think works well, get some hpi tires (doesn't matter witch ones) and install them to any rim you like. after you put them on. rap about 5 layers of gorilla tape around it. and your set to go.

then after every 3-4 runs, just peel of the last layer of tape, and hey look a fresh new layer .

just my 2 cents.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:30 AM
peetiewonder

i would go with the hpi radials but thats just me. they dont wear down super fast. i use em on my mamba max tc4 which has assloads of poweeer and they still have plenty of life left in em
Old 09-06-2007, 02:35 PM
IARacer

Drifting a nitro on ABS is nowhere near impossible, I've been doing it for a couple of years, and it works fine. Just learn throttle and car control (just like an electric) and you will be fine. And you won't be spending $20/set of tires.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Beasley1

This is when I made tires for my 4tec, lol.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=92-sNoAhiI4
Old 09-06-2007, 04:07 PM
x2o

ORIGINAL: IAMammothST

Drifting a nitro on ABS is nowhere near impossible, I'm been doing it for a couple of years, and it works fine. Just learn throttle and car control (just like an electric) and you will be fine. And you won't be spending $20/set of tires.
Same hjere, I drift with my nitro HPI RS4 with no problems on ABS.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:39 PM
wal_mart_security

so how would you lock the diff on the 4-tec? or it is needed if you use abs?