Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Just Got AE NTC3

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 11:01 PM
SDNitroGuy
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Got AE NTC3

Hey guys, just picked it up today, got 3 sets of wheels/tires with it. 2 treaded, 1 set of slicks. I'll probably try my hand at some ABS tires soon. Any thing I need to do to it to get it drift ready besides tires? Also what size body fits on it? Thanks, the stock Dodge Stratus body just isn't cutting it for my taste.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:41 AM
rexdriver85

Default RE: Just Got AE NTC3

200mm bodies will do you fine. As far as drifting, learn throttle control and get that thing sideways and start experimenting with counter steering. Any car will drift, just gotta practice alot.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:58 PM
magnat

Your drifting a Nitro stay away from Gutters.... Nitro's take AGES to react to Braking on polypipe tyres...
Old 05-24-2008, 11:24 PM
SDNitroGuy

Uh oh, I just made a set of ABS tires. I was using electrical tape earlier and it tore it up in 2 tanks.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:55 PM
danketchpel

I have a NTC3+ (RTR) and recently mounted up some HPI drift wheels/tires and tried some sideways action. The car oversteers waaay too much with it's current setup. Do any of you have a suggested starting point for chassis setup for drifting this car? It's still basically stock.

I am planning on swapping in a better chassis pretty soon. So far I've been considering either the AE "hard" chassis or the Blue Star 7075 chassis. Any comments or suggestions?
Old 06-03-2008, 07:35 PM
SDNitroGuy

Hey, cant really help you on setting up the car as I just got mine as well and just went with the settings the original owner had. He actually used it for on-road, I think it has the normal springs as well. Are you using the treaded HPI drift radials or the slicks? I have the treaded ones and they work fine for me, its a little squirly when I gas it and i have to be very good with the throttle or I spin out. Sorry cant help much.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:36 PM
magnat

Dude.. all I can say is find a nice open area and practice... You say it over steers, then back off a little on the steering and let the throttle do the work.. apply opposite lock and back off the throttle if it looks like going pear shaped..

Nitro's are good for doing long, wide Broad Drifts but really suffer badly from weight when doing tight technical slides...

This is WHY Electrics are the prefered method for drifting.. They suffer less from Weight issues and have torque from a Stand still..
Old 06-03-2008, 07:39 PM
TIGER76

true instant power on elecys no spool up like nitros but like magnat says great wide open drifting and smoke too
Old 06-04-2008, 01:44 PM
danketchpel

ORIGINAL: SDNitroGuy

Are you using the treaded HPI drift radials or the slicks?
I have the treaded drift radials. I think they're about right in terms of traction for drifting this car. I need to try them on some different surfaces.

I think I can alter the chassis setup and maybe play with the overall balance to get it to drift nicely. You do have to be soft on the throttle but that's fine. It might actually work better with the carb restrictor in. I'm running w/o the restrictor right now. The stock AE 15 motor has pretty good throttle control.

I completely get that electric is better for drifting but I'm just not into electric, so I'm going to learn how to make Nitro work. I'm actually intrigued by the challange and it's a good way to learn chassis setup.

I might get an electric drift car if my "kids" (mid 20s) decide to get into it. They aren't going to want to deal with Nitro and I'd prefer to run the same sort of car they run. I'm just not sure how serious they are. I would like to get the chance to drive a well setup electric drift car for comparison.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:10 PM
SDNitroGuy

Ya, i'm running those HPI tires as well, I like them
Old 06-06-2008, 01:27 AM
danketchpel

I just bought my 2nd set tonight. The first set is down to full slicks and starting to feel a bit thin in the middle.

I think they might last longer if I can hold back on the throttle more LOL. Some times it's just so fun to be over the top with the throttle, it's just hard keeping pointed in the right direction LOL.