Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

peoples thoughts on mini drifters

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

peoples thoughts on mini drifters

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 07:28 AM
harley05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default peoples thoughts on mini drifters

hpi's micro rs4 drift car?

basically im looking for a micro drifter just for somthing to do when i board around the house. i have tryed drifting my 1/10 scale indoors but it always resullts in either damage to my shells(or my housemates pot plants) or my girlfriend yelling at me to take it outside. so i have come to the conclusion that i need a mini drifter. just wondering what your thouhts between the hpi mini drifter or somthing like a mini z set up for drifting are(i own 3 mini z's and i love them!!!)
so yeah, any feedback would be awsome
cheers
Old 07-18-2008, 11:37 AM
peetiewonder

Default RE: peoples thoughts on mini drifters

they are cool. im a bigger fan of 10th scale tho
Old 07-18-2008, 06:46 PM
droppedgmc
My Feedback: (18)

i like the 1/10th also. i tried the micro's, and stopped
Old 07-19-2008, 01:32 AM
jonesy401

Harley......eat a bag of concrete and harden up !!! Tell ya girlfriend to get back in the kitchen, go get ya self a 1/10 drifter and go have some fun !.....LOL sorry, just kidding bout the girlfriend.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:35 AM
d.k.v

lol jonesy401 u can thinks stuff like that but never say it coz i can be taken the wrong way!
but that aside it was blody funny!!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 09:03 AM
str8.krooked

ORIGINAL: d.k.v

lol jonesy401 u can thinks stuff like that but never say it coz i can be taken the wrong way!
but that aside it was blody funny!!!!
I've got an Associated 18R, but I really had to put a lot of money into it to make it sick for drifting. Here are some pictures...you wouldn't even recognize it as an 18R.

I just ordered the HPI RTR Nitro RS4 3 DRIFT Spec Nissan Silvia. I know it's nitro, but I'm a nitro fanatic! I'm sure it will be a blast, but I think the idea is that a 1/10 is just plain better and more fun to drift. Most people will tell you to go electric. There are plenty of options...good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29723.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	993462   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94943.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	993463  
Old 07-20-2008, 01:14 AM
str8.krooked

Since we're on the subject...here's a vid of me drifting earlier today. Obviously, I'm new and could use some practice, but it was a lot of fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYOj-SrslpY

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69809.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	993955  
Old 07-21-2008, 05:35 PM
XxSabrielxX

Really, I don't care for the mini drifters. I don't know if its because I'm partial to the 1/10 scale, or I don't think they look as cool because they are smaller. I've driven them before and its just not as fun.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:32 PM
harley05

yeah ok, nice one. did any of you actually read my question??? i know 1/10scale is more fun and it does actually say in my first post that i own a 1/10scale drifter. all i was simply asking is what mini drifters do people prefer......
Old 07-28-2008, 10:23 PM
XxSabrielxX

Well its to bad you didn't get the answer you wanted. Instead you found out that nobody cares for mini drifters. Of course people are gonna put what they think about them. Can't you look at it as people are trying to help by saying how they don't care for them? Doesn't that make you think, " Hmm, nobody else cares for them, so they must not be buying them. And if they aren't buying them, that must mean they are a waste of money. Maybe I can not be so lazy, and take my 1/10 out to the street. Or maybe even to the park! Atleast there, my girlfriend won't yell at me for running a motorized vehicle in the house! Yes, it all makes so much sense now! " So expect people to post what they feel on your forum subjects. And if what people say doesn't please you, don't start one. Because no matter where you go, what you say, what you do, people are gonna throw in there 2 cents on the subject. Its just how people are.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 PM
magnat

ORIGINAL: harley05

hpi's micro rs4 drift car?

basically im looking for a micro drifter just for somthing to do when i board around the house. i have tryed drifting my 1/10 scale indoors but it always resullts in either damage to my shells(or my housemates pot plants) or my girlfriend yelling at me to take it outside. so i have come to the conclusion that i need a mini drifter. just wondering what your thouhts between the hpi mini drifter or somthing like a mini z set up for drifting are(i own 3 mini z's and i love them!!!)
so yeah, any feedback would be awsome
cheers

A Direct Answer to Your Question...

Doesn't matter which you choose both will be very twitchy and prone to spinning compared to your 1:10th..

Go the RS4 Micro .. Its aimed towards mini drifting..
Just because you have a Smaller area to drift on doesn't always mean a smaller car is a wiser choice..

Old 07-29-2008, 12:10 AM
harley05

magnat.
thankyou!!! at least one answer that is relative to what i was asking. i ended up buying a rs4 yesterday and they are pretty fun for indoor use. i agree they take a whole lot more skill to drift than a 1/10 scale(oh well, practice makes perfect.)
XxSabrielxX: **** you i did get the answer i wanted. just letting you know its kinda hard to take your car outside when its close to zero degreeze and pissing down with rain. thats why i opted for the micro drifter, so i can still have fun indoors without wrecking my 1/10 or my house you f u c kwit
Old 07-29-2008, 12:37 AM
jonesy401

Geeezus Harley.
Chill man. You`ll have the rest of the world thinking us Ozzies are bad tempered turds. Although I must say in Harley`s defence, Canberra is the arsehole of the earth and I would be cranky if I lived there.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:40 AM
magnat

ORIGINAL: jonesy401

Geeezus Harley.
Chill man. You`ll have the rest of the world thinking us Ozzies are bad tempered turds. Although I must say in Harley`s defence, Canberra is the arsehole of the earth and I would be cranky if I lived there.

There has been a spate of Aussies who have been posting up rather, crude comments forgetting that the rest of the world has not yet had a taste of Aussie humour...

Its just like Vegemite, Tastes good to us but to the rest of the world it leaves a bad taste in there mouth...

Oh and Harley... I was sliding out in Belconnen last week... There was nothing a Billabong Jacket and a Waterproof ESC couldn't handle...

plenty of underground places in Canberra you can drift, just gotta get connected...

Old 07-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Anomie

This thread has been edited to removed profanity and flaming behavior. Please cease with these types of comments immediately.

Thank you.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:11 AM
TheTruckingGuru

I love mini drifters. Here is what I have and the official thread for it (no replies yet[]) http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.a...3&key=tailwhip It drifts great right out of the box.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:35 AM
str8.krooked

ORIGINAL: XxSabrielxX

Well its to bad you didn't get the answer you wanted. Instead you found out that nobody cares for mini drifters. Of course people are gonna put what they think about them. Can't you look at it as people are trying to help by saying how they don't care for them? Doesn't that make you think, " Hmm, nobody else cares for them, so they must not be buying them. And if they aren't buying them, that must mean they are a waste of money. Maybe I can not be so lazy, and take my 1/10 out to the street. Or maybe even to the park! Atleast there, my girlfriend won't yell at me for running a motorized vehicle in the house! Yes, it all makes so much sense now! " So expect people to post what they feel on your forum subjects. And if what people say doesn't please you, don't start one. Because no matter where you go, what you say, what you do, people are gonna throw in there 2 cents on the subject. Its just how people are.
[:@]<- you being hostile Xx!! You are a little too passionate about this one I think!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:41 PM
XxSabrielxX

Eh... Not hostile... Harley's comment just sorta rubbed me the wrong way. Sorry.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:41 PM
DANDthekid

I use a HPI Micro for drifting in school!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:47 AM
CaptEvo

I have a TC4 as 1/10 drifter.
I took out my old Micro RS4 out other day and slapped a set of drift tires.
Here's the vid to took: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtsT7UPv2f8
If you drift in small area, the micro is alot of fun.
beat anything on rainy days.
1/10 is more controllable, but once you get a hang of micro size, it's a hoot
somehow it seems like I can drift better on the 1/10 after a day or 2 drifting with micro... but that's just me.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:43 PM
msupervee27

mini drifters arn't my fav. i like to go for the bigger scales. If you find them fun then stick with them.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:11 PM
harley05

i love my 1/10 drifter, i have a couple of mini z's now and i have converted half of my garage into a mini z track. i have decided to stick with the mini z's for the small scale stuff and im about to turn the track into a more driftable circut. i just orderd anoter mini z online which is set up for drift. im also going to work on my other racing series to set it up for drifting. the indoor track was really somthing i built for when i dont want to drive to my local drift spot. its also cool just for somthing different, i have found mini scales require alot more actual drifting technique than a 1/10. you guys really should give them a go, they are a heap of fun and its no big problem setting up a track, i did mine in about 3 hours and i have a 4 car garage. im kinda lucky coz i have a kind of gloss finish in my garage so its slippery to begin with, from there all i used to lay out the track was small pvc pipeing. the track with my f1 mini z takes roughly 22 seconds to compleate so its a decent size. does anyone have any favorite layouts for drift tracks or should i just work on nice long turns and linked turns for my drift track.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Mamba Max

ORIGINAL: XxSabrielxX

I think XxSabrielxX's mommy forgot to pack his prozac in his lunch today.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Mamba Max

"A Direct Answer to Your Question...
Doesn't matter which you choose both will be very twitchy and prone to spinning compared to your 1:10th.."

The wheelbase is proportional to the amount of time it takes of the rotation to occur. When anyone says "they are too twitchy or 1:10 is better" what they are saying is that they are not that good at driving, let alone drifting and that they cannot control a car that everything happens very fast in.

It takes a practice like anything worthwhile.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:41 PM
MTboy

I myself was thinking of getting one for rainy days and what not..lol Go for it and just have fun. After all thats what this hobby is.. Was shocked over some of the members posts and have to say that you can't listen to every ones thoughts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.