Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

need good cheap drift tires? check this.....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

need good cheap drift tires? check this.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 07:01 PM
LooCipher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need good cheap drift tires? check this.....

i run a RC drift website www.rcdriftuk.comand I'm always looking for new RC drift items that don't cost the earth.

Whilst hunting around on eBay I found these REALLY cheap drift tires, full review as you read on……..

These prices are amazing considering the tires themselves are actually very good compared against Tamiya drifting tires, which I find rather frustrating because they are expensive and slow compared with these TurboHobby versions. In fact, they’re so good I’ve just ordered more! The ultra high speed tires are on their way as I type so I look forward to testing them.

Full Description;
Turbo Hobby DC-3 Drift Tire Set
DC-3 compound is for Medium speed drift.
DS-F2 compound is for medium/high speed drift
Made from injection mold.
Rounded & polished edges for better drift on corners.
No glue require to install.
Compatible with 24mm width wheel

Fitting;
Both types mentioned are easily put on the rims, but I found that some ‘encouragement’ was needed. They are such a tight fit that it meant leaning my whole body on them but they went on in the end – so that’s what the ‘no glue’ bit was about……! Also, I noticed some trimming maybe necessary on the inside of the tires just to get a flush fit but this is not an issue, especially at this price.

Driving;
I tried both the DC-3 and DS-F2 on a TT-01 with a 15T motor and another one with a Brushless motor that’s equal to a 5T. Both gave very predictable handling on tarmac, and the different compounds suited each car meaning the Brushless TT-01 was drifting in huge arcs, and the 15T TT-01 was great for tighter corners. It’s great the multiple compounds are available from the same manufacturer as it will make it easy choosing which tire you need for different surfaces.

Incidentally, both were tried on carpet and given the space I was in they were WAY more controllable than the Tamiya drift tires, so bear that in mind if you drift indoors!

On the car the they look great, and I’ve added some pics below to show what they look like on the cars, along with wheels you can get from the same eBay seller here;
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/thai-town_R-C-Drift_W0QQ_fsubZ19356559QQ_sidZ301990147QQ_trksidZ p4634Q2ec0Q2em322