Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

RS4 Pro to drifter

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 05:24 PM
cbr6fs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RS4 Pro to drifter

See what you think when you take it out, but you want the rear loose not grippy.
As i say with wider and gripier tyres on the rear your cars just going to want to go straight on under power.

The purpose of the counter steer mod is to spin the rear tyres up so they are breaking traction all the time.
Think of it as locking the front brakes at the staging area when you do a burn out and it's pretty close.

With more grip on the rear than the front though the rear will grip and the front will loose traction.
It'll make the car unstable on the straights and if you try to take and tighter turns the car will push wide.

Swapping the wheels around so you have a lot more grip on the front will help stabilise and turn the car, but the only way to counter steer is by over driving the rear.
If the rear wheel are larger diameter on the front this will help, but not wider wheels.

Odd with the tyres.
I had it the complete opposite way round.
In fact i've got 2 sets of T-drifts sitting in me cupboard cause i can't face mounting another set

With the Yoko's i simply followed the instructions, partly mounted then, squirt of WD40, pushed the rings on, pushed the beads on.
No hassle no drama.
I even fitted me mates Yoko's for him NO way would i do that with the T-Drifts

Cheers
Mark
Old 12-15-2009, 09:04 PM
STANG KILLA SS
My Feedback: (1)

only time and testing will tell!

for the t-drifts its simple, put 2 of them in a coffee cup full of water. microwave for 2-3 minutes. take out the tires (not with your fingers!) and they slide right on like butter, putting the tires on will take about 4 seconds each.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:45 PM
shagnastyek9

wow, that thing is looking good. I also have an original first gen RS4 Pro that I bought when it first came out. Mine is brand new though, with some aluminum goodies and some missing parts. I am missing some of the steering parts, you dont know of a good place to find these old parts do you?