Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Hpi Sprint 2 DRIFT

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 12:30 AM
drift4funn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpi Sprint 2 DRIFT

I just recently got a sprint 2 drift and i was just wondering if anyone had anysuggestionon any modifications to make to as in taking of the rear beltguardso that the rear belt dosent get chewed up, but any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Zach P
Old 01-29-2010, 09:49 AM
droppedgmc
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Hpi Sprint 2 DRIFT

yes, do the belt cover mod front and rear. get a front 1-way. also lock the rear
Old 01-29-2010, 07:27 PM
leadfootdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What he said
Old 01-30-2010, 10:04 PM
drift4funn

where would i find that or do it? i already cut a pretty big hole in the rear belt gaurd, also should i do it to the front?

Old 01-30-2010, 10:25 PM
droppedgmc
My Feedback: (18)

cut where shown. you can find parts at your local hobby shop

Old 01-31-2010, 08:57 AM
Red Sand

When I first got my S2D, a friend who has one did this mod and I thought he was a little crazy - saw up my new car?  Are you kidding?  I didn't think the modification was necessary.

So, I'm out drifting with about an hour of use with my S2D and . . . rear belt is COMPLETELY gone because one or more tiny pebbles, or other debris, got in the rear diff cover and "just sat there".

It took a while to take everything apart, make the cuts, and then reassemble but it was well worth it - essential, IMO.

So, bite the bullet - you won't regret it.

1 - get a front one way diff
2 - take the S2D apart
3 - lock the rear diff
4 - cut the parts
5 - reassemble the S2D w/new front & modified rear diff's

I don't wanna discourage anyone, but this entire process took me about three hours - but, I'm pretty stupid.  I don't feel bad about being stupid because my wife says I'm incredibly handsome.  And, when you're doing this, watch those E-clips (he, he, he).

Happy drifting,

RS

Old 01-31-2010, 08:01 PM
leadfootdriver

F-Ing Eclips are the devils work
Old 01-31-2010, 11:51 PM
magnat

Agreed... but I still have not done the rear diff mod as getting parts for my sprint 2 down under is hard to do and I just dont wanna cut it up and have it fall apart..
Old 02-02-2010, 12:27 PM
leadfootdriver

Well what i was told originally about doing the rear diff mod was just to cut out where the belt is just make sure the chunk you take out is only as wide as the belt or just slightly wider like i did and i only took out like 2 and a half centimeters from the top of the differential cover so the cut goes about half way down and it leaves some rigidity to the diff housing instead of just taking out most of it out stuff still gets stuck but not often but i only did it that way because my belt was rubbing on the diff housing
Old 02-02-2010, 09:43 PM
drift4funn

oh alright thanks guys! i cut a hole in there but just havent got the parts yet, but this question is really stupid i know, but what do you mean by locking the rear diffs?
thanks
Zach p
Old 02-03-2010, 10:36 AM
leadfootdriver

i still dont get how to do it using the stock differentials either and ive tried everything but filling them with something that will keep the gears from moving someone told me to reverse te gears and that didnt work i coulndt get the case back together
Old 02-06-2010, 12:45 AM
JustForKicks

You can get the diff lockers for a wheely king, take out the gears from your rear diff, and put in one of the diff lockers. It fits perfectly and it's reversible if you want to run the diff again. That's what I used in my sprint 2.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:22 AM
leadfootdriver

eh im just going to put in a ball diff its only 20 bucks and a front one way but im undecided on the universal dogbones do i need them or can i just leave in my stock ones for now my motor lead on my motor failed yesterday i re soldered it and shrink wrapped it but im not sure how long thats gonna last so new motor for sure to
Old 04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
metapess

ORIGINAL: JustForKicks

You can get the diff lockers for a wheely king, take out the gears from your rear diff, and put in one of the diff lockers. It fits perfectly and it's reversible if you want to run the diff again. That's what I used in my sprint 2.
You did it with thestock diff or ball diff?
Can you explain in more detail where you put those lockers?
Old 04-07-2010, 02:42 AM
PROJECT 91

im pretty fairly new to drifting but ive done research, reading and spoke to a lot of people that have been doing this for years. depending how and where you want to drift will be a major factor to fixing your car up. whether its indoor carpet or outside on street. you should aim more towards indoor because how you set your indoor will do just fine out door.

first do the bulk head mod and cut those out. then a cheap and great mod is to LOCK your rear. do this but just pulling the rear diff out and unscrewing the 4 screws and just simple put some type of glue to hold the gears in place (what i used was a glue gun). then either run a ball diff or one way in front. all the drifters in my area are running a hard rear and ball front. good setup but then again, to each their own. then some good but a little expensive mod is to do the CVDs, great mod, lots more torque. and of course, invest in a good FM ghz transmitter and a good charger. also get a pvc cutter and some pvc pipe and you can call it a day!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:27 AM
leadfootdriver

Please dont bring up old threads there are to many on this subject right now that are on the main page and all this info has been posted in this thread minus the info on the pvc tires but thanks for posting
Old 05-31-2010, 11:59 AM
grimgard

ORIGINAL: droppedgmc

yes, do the belt cover mod front and rear. get a front 1-way. also lock the rear
Can some one please explain what the belt cover mod is and looks like. I keep getting rocks in between my belt and diff. Pictures would be apprciated.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:05 PM
metapess

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9462750