Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Select the first car to drift

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Select the first car to drift

Old 03-13-2010, 04:31 PM
metapess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Select the first car to drift

Good time of day!

That began to think, to also join the drift. Sat reading, thinking, and eventually seemed to come to what I want to buy... I would like to hear your advice, criticism and recommendations about the machine.

1) I think to take the electric HPI Sprint 2 Drift Sport RTR 350Z 1 / 10 (# 761). How it?

2) Since I'mnew to drift, then don't want to start the special modifications (try first machine in astock), but I think just get the other engine - HPI Racing Drift Meister 13T Black. Is it worth doing or beginning to learn from that is a stock?

3) If, however, change the engine, it isneed to change pinion and/or a spur?! If yes, what should take?

4) Inquire take the wheel Work Meister S1 or Rays / Volk TE37 and drifting tires HPI Type A Super Drift, then should weuse inner foam in the wheel or in wheels for driftinner foamis not used?
And what glue do you recommend for the wheels?

Thanks in advance for answers!

Shl If this is important, it will use NiMH batteries ...
Old 03-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Freequensee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Select the first car to drift

1. The Sprint 2 is fine if you are starting out. But as you progress you may want to advance to a better chassis like a Cyclone or TB03D or something similar.

2. Stick to the stock motor. It will work just fine and is more motor then you will need for drifting. Don't worry about switching it.

3. If you were to switch motors, you would have to gear according to the motor. Since it's different for every motor, there really is no right answer I can give you.

4. Here, I suggest to ditch the A Types and go with the HPI T types. The T Drift tire is a plastic compound and slides much better compared to the A Types which are rubber based. With the T Drifts, if you mount them correctly, you won't need any glue.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:48 PM
metapess

It was almost pushed the button to order (I decided to leave thestock motor), buta few more questions ...

1) Wheels are HPI which are 32 and 35 mm, as they are? S
omebody put them?Stock motorenoughfor thiswheels or in this case, change the motor?

2) Should I just take: a) HPI Front One-Way Differential?
b) HPI Universal Dogbone?

3) As I understand it is recommended to change the TX / RXto 2.4GHz ... Whatyou recommendto take? And whetherI need tochange any connectors (on the steering servo, speed controller, etc.)?

Old 04-02-2010, 05:39 PM
rasper

In my opinion

1. HPI rims are 32.3mm (outside diameter miked with a vernier) with the tyre about 35 mm yes, maby more. So the std motor will be fine for these as they are going to "slip" more than they "grip".

2. Take both. its worth it in the long run.

As I understand it is recommended to change the TX / RX to 2.4GHz
........WHY?

Only change the connector plugs on the ESC and the bateries to deans connectors as they last longer, dont wear out so fast, and just works better
Old 04-07-2010, 02:59 AM
PROJECT 91

Get a sprint 2 drift, then get a ball bearing diff ($20), lock the rear diff, 32 and 35 mm rims would be fine with the stock 15t. then change your plugs to deans plugs. and invest in a spectrum dx2.0
Old 04-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Terminatom140532

It depends if you want a drift car you want to keep for a long time, or something you would keep until you get the hang of rc drifting. (the sprint 2 drift is nice by the way)