Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

My new Drift Body

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 01:07 AM
kuppler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Drift Body

Just finished my Honda s2000 body 2day. This body will be going on my Himoto Nascada Street car What do you think??

The Body mounted on my Himoto Nascada

Old 03-28-2010, 12:11 PM
leadfootdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My new Drift Body

looks pretty good overall on your decals try and cut off as much of the clear as you can and you should find another way to mount you side mirrors that white foam or whatever that might be takes away a lot of the realism mount those with some kind of glue what will adhere to lexan without damaging it and the two tone on your car looks pretty good but for the lines where the two paints meet looks like you masked that area in a rush take your time next time around but a suggestion for that is look for the blue painters tape that is only like a 5th of an inch wide it makes better curves but use that for the initial line you make for separating the two colors then fill in the main part with some wider tape until your happy with it and try and follow a body panel line for even straighter lines but i like your car you don't see many S 2000's good job
Old 03-28-2010, 12:40 PM
billdozer1983
My Feedback: (27)

Looks great bud
Old 03-28-2010, 07:29 PM
moflow

S2K's are tight. I'm not usually a fan of two tone, but black and blue looks pretty badass actually. What width is that shell?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:06 AM
kuppler

1st Thanks for the GOOD Comments and i posted a few more pics on the 1st post.

ORIGINAL: leadfootdriver

looks pretty good overall on your decals try and cut off as much of the clear as you can and you should find another way to mount you side mirrors that white foam or whatever that might be takes away a lot of the realism mount those with some kind of glue what will adhere to lexan without damaging it and the two tone on your car looks pretty good but for the lines where the two paints meet looks like you masked that area in a rush take your time next time around but a suggestion for that is look for the blue painters tape that is only like a 5th of an inch wide it makes better curves but use that for the initial line you make for separating the two colors then fill in the main part with some wider tape until your happy with it and try and follow a body panel line for even straighter lines but i like your car you don't see many S 2000's good job
Thanks for the advice. This is my 1st paint job with 2 colors. i have done a few Solid shell jobs. Ill try the blue painters tape next time. i might even try the Liquid mask. alot of my buddy's use that.

ORIGINAL: billdozer1983

Looks great bud
Thanks. i like it a lot.

ORIGINAL: moflow

S2K's are tight. I'm not usually a fan of two tone, but black and blue looks pretty badass actually. What width is that shell?
Thanks.... the Shell is a
Specification:
Length : 440mm
Width : 215mm
Height : 113mm
Wheelbase : 257mm
Old 03-29-2010, 07:25 PM
dvdeath3x

hate to be that guy but use some punctuation next time! [sm=biggrin.gif]

nice job on the body, but what did you use for your masking? was it something like painters tape or liquid mask?
Old 03-29-2010, 10:38 PM
kuppler

ORIGINAL: dvdeath3x

hate to be that guy but holy sh*t use some punctuation next time! [sm=biggrin.gif]

nice job on the body, but what did you use for your masking? was it something like painters tape or liquid mask?
LOL... no i used just masking tape. next time ill use Painters tape or Liquid mask.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:22 AM
leadfootdriver

Ha wow i was way off but are you using your car for drifting?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:14 PM
boyer215

Did you use spray cans or airbrush it? Any helpful hints to give someone who is getting ready to do their first painted body?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:01 AM
leadfootdriver

dvdeath3x hate to be that guy but use some punctuation next time!

Sorry for my bad puctuation I try and correct it but I usually don't have time I know how you feel though it bothers me to.