Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Sprint 2 Flux Drifter

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 10:01 PM
grimgard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint 2 Flux Drifter

Well Almost everything has come in the mail except for my drifting tires...lol but other than that it's done. I have a short video [link]http://www.vimeo.com/12070948[/link] showing off the lights and would like to thank everyone who helped me put this together. The bodies wheel base is off a smidge but a little trimming and you would not know unless I told you. I used a light set I had laying around and might add a few more lights to the rear and I am not sure if I want to add the stickers or not. What do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86202.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	306.6 KB
ID:	1443132   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi22047.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	354.3 KB
ID:	1443133   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61959.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	331.6 KB
ID:	1443134  
Old 05-26-2010, 11:00 PM
grimgard

Default RE: Sprint 2 Flux Drifter

I lowered the front suspension and the wheels fit better and I ended up putting some stickers on it but I didn't go overboard.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20745.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	317.1 KB
ID:	1443141   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68338.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	1443142   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pi16352.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	404.0 KB
ID:	1443143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54039.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	320.5 KB
ID:	1443144  
Old 05-27-2010, 04:47 AM
kstmRYD

I'm lovin it - looks great, nice job![sm=thumbup.gif] Is that an HPI body and they make light buckets for it?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:20 AM
grimgard

ORIGINAL: kstmRYD

I'm lovin it - looks great, nice job![sm=thumbup.gif] Is that an HPI body and they make light buckets for it?

Here is the video for it [link]http://www.vimeo.com/12070948[/link]
Yes it is the HPI Body but it is using Yokomo light buckets, the body did come with lexan front light buckets but no rear and I like the look of the plastic chrome ones better anyways. I'll get a better video up once I get my drift tyres in the mail.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:54 AM
leadfootdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah hpi only makes lightbuckets for a few shells kinda blows.......
Old 05-27-2010, 11:15 AM
grimgard

ORIGINAL: leadfootdriver

Yeah hpi only makes lightbuckets for a few shells kinda blows.......
yeah it does but they do make a lot of different bodies on the cheap. Yokomo makes the best but shipping from Japan is a pain in the wallet.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:28 PM
grimgard

Oh Snap! I can drift! Fist time out and was pulling off long sweeps in both direction and tight drifts around my feet! Mind you this was in an open play ground with semi fresh black top but man I was having a blast, Now mind you I would probably have a hard time on a track but I feel great that I was able to pull it off on my first battery.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Casper06

Looking good Grim. I've been meaning to rig a drifter up I used to use a TB-02 but I torn it down for parts. Never got really good at drifting I think I was over powering it with the 6900kv motor.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:52 PM
grimgard

ORIGINAL: Casper06

Looking good Grim. I've been meaning to rig a drifter up I used to use a TB-02 but I torn it down for parts. Never got really good at drifting I think I was over powering it with the 6900kv motor.
Thanks! Well mine has a 5700kv in it and it seems to be perfect speed for the set up I have, I think the super slippy ABS Tires are key as well as the right surface. I was running on fairly new black top and it seemed to be a good combo, next a parking garage and then making the wife video for me lol!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:59 PM
kstmRYD

way to go grimgard! glad to hear you're getting the hang of it.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:04 PM
KintoJin

Clean work with the yokomo light buckets and body, if you ever need yokomo bodies look at www.mslusa.com 
They have yokomo bodies in the inventory and ship them out for only $6.95.. In United States
Old 05-27-2010, 11:13 PM
grimgard

ORIGINAL: KintoJin

Clean work with the yokomo light buckets and body, if you ever need yokomo bodies look at www.mslusa.com
They have yokomo bodies in the inventory and ship them out for only $6.95.. In United States
Thank you Kintojin for all of your help and the great links! Couldn't have done it with out your help.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:04 AM
kstmRYD

saw the video, really really nice job dude. love the light kit, turn signal, reverse, cool. for some more detail with the lights tamiya make clear red X-27, if you shoot this on the inside of the rear lights it looks just like a real car. it is a transparent red, so you still will see through it and see the chrome detail, it's kinda like cherry jello. it only comes in liquid form so an airbrush is needed, some guys said they have used a brush.

I saw this technique on some really hot cars that belong to a drift club and one of the guys was nice enough to share how he did it.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:39 AM
grimgard

Well I suckered my wife into videoing my drifting outside our house. This is not the best place to drift but shows off my RC and what I have learned in a short period of time. Thanks again everyone.

[link]http://vimeo.com/12126626[/link]

ORIGINAL: kstmRYD

saw the video, really really nice job dude. love the light kit, turn signal, reverse, cool. for some more detail with the lights tamiya make clear red X-27, if you shoot this on the inside of the rear lights it looks just like a real car. it is a transparent red, so you still will see through it and see the chrome detail, it's kinda like cherry jello. it only comes in liquid form so an airbrush is needed, some guys said they have used a brush.

I saw this technique on some really hot cars that belong to a drift club and one of the guys was nice enough to share how he did it.
kstmRYD Thanks for the tip. I'll have to see if my LHS carries it, if not I bet tower hobbies does.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:37 PM
grimgard

Did anyone see my video? other than kstmRYD
[link]http://vimeo.com/12126626[/link] Feedback please! Thanks.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:42 PM
fastandloud

Looks good meng
Old 06-02-2010, 07:37 PM
kstmRYD

grimgard - saw the outside video your wife shot, she's got skills with the camera! Your drifts look great, nice clean sweeps. You have a good throttle finger! Your next challenge is to put down a layout with some road dot and maneuver the course, it shouldn't be too hard as it looks like you have the touch. Maybe you are the "chosen one"
Old 06-03-2010, 09:22 AM
leadfootdriver

Nice vid remember though you could be the best drifter in the world and it wouldn't matter unless you were having fun doing it!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Freequensee

Your drifter is looking really good (I like really white Soarers) From the look of your video, you are ready to drive on a track. Since you're in Fremont, you should try to come down to San Jose on a Sunday. We set up a drift track on Sundays and everyone is welcome to join.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:26 AM
KintoJin

Your drifting is clean and smooth.. your next step now is to do a layout and master it. Once your can the control of a course and master coming in and out of apexes you will then hone in on your throttle control and steering precision. I talk with some guys from the NorCal and I know they have some events and meets that go on there, you should probably stop by and check them out. One of them is a filipino called DJ he runs a ta-05 counter steer and a tt-01... he can probably lend you some advice if you need. Your a very fortunate person to live in California because from what I hear the scene out there is taking off and becoming popular, once you start drifting with people you will be amazed on how well your capabilities will exceed you.. in no time you will master the art of doing Dori Tandems and dori. Keep up the fine work Grimgard and I send my best wishes. Happy Drifting幸ã›ãªæ¼‚ã†ã“ã¨
Old 06-04-2010, 08:47 AM
grimgard

ORIGINAL: Freequensee

Your drifter is looking really good (I like really white Soarers) From the look of your video, you are ready to drive on a track. Since you're in Fremont, you should try to come down to San Jose on a Sunday. We set up a drift track on Sundays and everyone is welcome to join.
Where in San Jose? Thanks for the invite!

Thanks everyone for the compliements and advice!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:37 PM
pearlyellow

very nice love the body
Old 06-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Freequensee

ORIGINAL: grimgard

ORIGINAL: Freequensee

Where in San Jose? Thanks for the invite!

Thanks everyone for the compliements and advice!
Fast Pace Racing is the name of the shop we set up in front of.

Here is the address:

2050 Concourse Drive
Suite 34-36
San Jose, CA 95131

Map