RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Drifting (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-drifting-304/)
-   -   HELP!!!! i got a 1/16 nikko drift car (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-drifting-304/6310767-help-i-got-1-16-nikko-drift-car.html)

texter17 08-31-2007 11:03 AM

HELP!!!! i got a 1/16 nikko drift car

like 2 days ago i bought a 1/16 nikko drift car from walmart (supra) for $19.99.
it came wid drift tires (i dunno which kind)
and it RWD i was wondering if i should keep it and if 1/16 scale drifting popular
also i can drift wid it a lil bit ill post a vid lata
also is there any pointers anyone can give for drifting wid a RWD rc car

DirtBonez 08-31-2007 11:32 AM

RE: HELP!!!! i got a 1/16 nikko drift car

You should bring that back and do some research. All the info you need is on this drifting form.

texter17 08-31-2007 01:37 PM

if i change the motor in my nikko car to add more power would i still be able to drift wid it

DirtBonez 08-31-2007 01:49 PM

You would be much better off getting something hobby grade and 4WD. If that thing breaks where are you going to get the parts? You cant buy any cool upgrades for it or paint new shells either. Go to a drift meet with that thing and get laughed out of the place. That thing is a childs toy not a true radio controlled model.

texter17 08-31-2007 02:07 PM

well ill just be using this thing to pass time
are the tyco rc drift king any good
just to fool around wid

speenair 08-31-2007 04:52 PM

NO, not at all read the forum for this kind of question.

magnat 09-04-2007 07:20 PM

Ok, Nikko and Tyco are toys aimed at Kids who don't know any better and suck you in with "Drift" and " Drifting Action"

Forget about them and Leave them on the shelf.

Visit a proper Hobby store and get a Tamiya TT-01. HPI Sprint 2 or a HPI E10..

Lumpmister 09-04-2007 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: magnat

Ok, Nikko and Tyco are toys aimed at Kids who don't know any better and suck you in with "Drift" and " Drifting Action"

Forget about them and Leave them on the shelf.

Visit a proper Hobby store and get a Tamiya TT-01. HPI Sprint 2 or a HPI E10..
X2... that is the best and only way to go!

TIGER76 09-04-2007 08:27 PM

what everyone is trying to say politely is save up and get a hobby grade kit it will be worth it, plenty of parts to add on and better quality.
drifting rwd is tough but if you pratice with that car when u buy a better one you will have a headstart [8D]
dont think you can upgrade the motor but i could be wrong,use it for fun thats what driftings about,save up grab one of the kits the guys mentioned and your ready to slide sidewayz;)

magnat 09-04-2007 10:48 PM

Like all toys, the Quality is in the price, there cheap.. so there fore inturn the components used to build them are indeed cheap..
The speed controllers, as such, wont handle much more then the motor they are coupled to and usually, are not variable and are more like on and off switches which can make controlling a slide difficult..
If You are indeed after a Budget drifter then by all means look for a HBX Lancer/Skyline
There a clone of the Tamiya TL-01 and can be bought off e-bay for a reasonable price..

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-1-10-Electri...QQcmdZViewItem

FireStriker 09-07-2007 02:32 AM

I would like to say(dont kill me for this) you can use a drift king if you want to drift alone or just crash and fool around,

you will barely drift but yeah it can be entertaing trying to drift,....LOL!

magnat 09-07-2007 02:44 AM

Well a Drift king does have the Necessary components to drift, AWD, and a 540 motor and drift Tyres but when it goes BANG the only thing you can use on your Proper Hobby spec car is the Battery... thats all... the rest is binned..

ben805 09-07-2007 02:58 AM

haha....that's the same RC "drift" car that I bought for my 4yr old daughter, came with drift tires and everything, it's best to play as bumper car, or to crash into curb and mailbox for kiddo.

TIGER76 09-07-2007 03:53 AM

ORIGINAL: FireStriker

I would like to say(dont kill me for this) you can use a drift king if you want to drift alone or just crash and fool around,

you will barely drift but yeah it can be entertaing trying to drift,....LOL!
no you got a good piont there m8 its still capable of drifting you just have to be careful of damaging parts tho or is there maybe a place to get hold of parts,would love to see someone drop a BL in one of those cars still :D

FireStriker 09-07-2007 05:49 AM

Someone tried to put a BL in the car,

ill try to get the link!