Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

What's the best brushless system for the EMAXX for the dollar?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

What's the best brushless system for the EMAXX for the dollar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 11:54 PM
tdecloedt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the best brushless system for the EMAXX for the dollar?

I have a Emaxx that I would like to upgrade to brushless, but I not sure which one is the best buy. I have seen the hacker c50 system, and I believe that it's the best system hands down, but what about Novak's system is it good for the money. Now I'm sure it doesn't perform the same as hacker, but is it a close second? Also what about Team Orion brushless system or is there a brushless system out there that is a good buy and a close second? Any help with this would be very welcomed. Thanks
Old 07-29-2003, 12:30 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

For specifics like this its best to post in the Electric forum
The Monster Trucks forum is dominated by Nitro users.

Private message me if you would like it moved there
-Ram
Cars&Trucks Moderator
Old 07-29-2003, 05:06 AM
fastest1320

Default describe the truck

well first tell me what other parts your truck has and then we'll see if it qualifies for a brushless system
Old 07-29-2003, 09:13 AM
tdecloedt

Default describing truck

Well I'll keep this short, I have over a thousand in the truck now and plans for more. The upgrades are not in the drivetrain area, except for cvds but who are you to tell me if my truck is ready for brushless, I didn't ask if my truck was ready for brushless, I asked what is the best brushless system for the dollar. I already know that the hacker system has enormous power, and the tranny and rearend would need metal gears and I already have mip cvds all around.

Now I heared that novak sucks, but I have not heard if there is anything else out there that would be a close second to the hacker, but not as much money.

Now can you or will you know this information is really the question, and are your going to share the information, because I'm quite sure that I'm not the only one who would like to know the answer to this question, what is the best brushless system for the emaxx for the dollar?
Old 07-29-2003, 01:48 PM
Savage RC

so far the hacker system is the best for the e-maxx. the novak system that is currently out cant deal with the weight. they are suposed to be comming out with a better version made for the e-maxx but, it not here yet. i havent seen any one use the lehner system yet in an e-maxx but in pedes and rustlers it is pretty bad!! i run the novak in my pede and rustler and i dont think you would be pleased with it in the maxx. the hacker has all the torque you need and then some plus you can run an ungodly number of cells on it. hope this helps
Old 07-29-2003, 02:57 PM
fastest1320

listen i just trying to help you out, i think the modeltech system is the best.
but expensive you pay for what you get.
also what body do you have for your emaxx
Old 07-29-2003, 05:38 PM
tdecloedt

Default Body?

Why what does a body have to do with anything?
Old 07-29-2003, 06:28 PM
fastest1320

well from stories and videos ive seen some bodies will actually brake or even melt because of the brushless motors. rember how fast your going, some bodies just wont hold up to the strain, so what body do you have.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:07 PM
tdecloedt

Default What body??

I have a the Dodge Ram 2003 body for the savage 21/ tmax
Old 07-29-2003, 08:10 PM
tdecloedt

Default where can I find a modeltech system

Ok Where can I find info on a modeltech system- spec and so?
Old 07-29-2003, 11:17 PM
fastest1320

do a yahoo search and type in modeltech brushless
Old 07-29-2003, 11:23 PM
tdecloedt

Default Lehner Brushless Motors

so what is the story with Lehner Brushless Motors nobodies had anything to say about them????????????
Old 07-30-2003, 09:56 AM
Savage RC

I believe modeltec went out of business. lehner is a nice system if you throw more the 7 cells on it. from the videos and reviews i seen you get about the same cogging as you would with the hacker system, but a lil less torque. it depends what your looking for. if you want a monster and can bullet proof the trany and drive train then hacker is the better bet. but to be a lil easier on the ride, but still a speed demon lehner is a good choice. on both systems if you only try and use 6 cell packs you will prob have a lot of cogging and need a bec. if you can wait till the novak's new system comes out i bet it will be just as fast as the others but with no cogging. price wise novak is the cheapest currently the cheapest, but not powerfull enough with the current model. lehner comes in close second, and hacker is the most expensive but with the most power. hope this helps! oh yeah about that body thing.... i have the novak and my body is fine, i seen the hacker system and that body was fine. the only thing that can total a body while running a brushless is flipping/ crashing it.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:06 PM
tdecloedt

Default What is your novak in?

What truck or car is your novak running in????
Old 07-31-2003, 11:31 AM
Savage RC

i run it in my rustler and my stampede. two of my buddies have it as well one runs it in his tc3 the other in a hpi sprint.