Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

RC-10 T3 Stealth Tranny Slipping. Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 10:24 PM
TruBlu02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC-10 T3 Stealth Tranny Slipping. Help!!

Hey guys hope you can help me with this problem. I dug my old RC10 T3 out of storage recently and did a complete resurrection. I cleaned and overhauled the whole truck including all new 9T EZ-Run BRushless sytem and 2S Lipo Batteries. Ever since I got it running I have been having nothing but problems with the Stealth Tranny. For some reason I can only run it for a couple minutes and the screw that holds the diff halfs together keeps coming loose. I tore the tranny down and rebuilt as per the instruction manual with all new grease for the diff balls and the thrusts bearings. I tighten the screw all the way down then back it off 1/8th of a turn. It turns smooth in my hand but one under a load it spins loose almost instantly. It is really frustrating as I spent alot of money putting it back together and I cant even run it. I am out of ideas on how to fix it at this point. ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:12 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: RC-10 T3 Stealth Tranny Slipping. Help!!

Did you replace the diff nut? are you breaking in the diff and then retightening before running?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:08 AM
e123

Mine did that too a while back. Just get a new diff nut like TBJ said. That should take care of it.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:29 AM
TruBlu02

Yeah i replaced the diff nut twice now actually. The diff bolt has been broken twice just from running around on the street in front of my house. It is weird that I am having this many problems with it. Before the truck went into storage It had a fairly powerful brushed system in it and I abused the heck out of it with no problems. It seems like the problem got worse after I tore it down and put new grease in it.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:48 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Diff bolts don't break unless they're overtightened.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:27 PM
TruBlu02

Yeah the broken diff bolts are definitely my fault. Will putting some loctite on the diff bolt help?