Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Bad Rep at hobbyking???

Old 10-14-2010, 08:08 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad Rep at hobbyking???

ORIGINAL: mc4798

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Excuse ThunderbirdJunkie while he plugs his MM into his computer and it only cost $6 more than his 60a HW ESC
LOL

Well excuse me as I go screaming past you with a 60a xe-run and turbo software. While using a 10.5t sensored motor.
Only reason you'll be passing ThunderbirdJunkie is because he stuffed a pipe and wound up on his lid [&:]

Plus your XErun 60a cost you more than ThunderbirdJunkie's nice shiny new MM cost him [X(]
Old 10-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Skyfly0311
My Feedback: (5)

Hobby King puts your local RC Retail stores out of business.. enough said..
Old 10-14-2010, 09:02 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Skyfly0311

wrong
High price's, and lack of selection puts hobby shops out of business. Not hobby king.

Honestly went to my LHS the other day with a long ass list I walked out with about 30% of the parts I went for. Honestly 3 months ago when I went last they had probably 300+ bodies in stock(2 of every savage body). Went Tuesday they had probably 100 left, 2 savage bodies, 4-5 buggy bodies, a few misc truggies, traxxas RC bodies, and a pile of TC bodies. Than their RPM shelf was barely stocked, they didn't have any RPM ball ends in stock... Few months ago they had at least 2 of everything from RPM in stock at all times, in every color.
So I went online and ordered $80 more in parts, because I'm not going to bother ordering through them and having to pay an additional 10% more than I can online in addition to $8 in gas to get there and about 10% more in damn taxes where I can pay $10 to have it delivered.

Other hobby shop I used to go to had a extremely wide selection of RC's. They sold the XL-5 Traxxas Rustler, and a HPI firestorm... Seriously thats ALL they carried, and the 2 on the shelf looked like they sat there for a long time. They had a huge banner in the window saying they carried HPI and Traxxas... They didn't even have the parts to fix those 2 RC's... I have no idea how that dude stays open...
Old 10-14-2010, 09:17 PM
calvino

I have had great luck with batteries from there. Sure ive killed a few but then again I really didn't treat them how I should have! I say its a gamble and its one im willing to take. Heck any battery can puff on you, that's a fact. I have to say though that properly treated, they are just fine... and with the USA warehouse, man im stoked time to get more batteries
Old 10-14-2010, 09:25 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: calvino

I have had great luck with batteries from there. Sure ive killed a few but then again I really didn't treat them how I should have! I say its a gamble and its one im willing to take. Heck any battery can puff on you, that's a fact. I have to say though that properly treated, they are just fine... and with the USA warehouse, man im stoked time to get more batteries
I found it funny the other day when I looked every battery I was interested in was from the china or european warehouse. I didn't see a single one available from the US that I was semi interested in.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:46 PM
TruBlu02

I have ordered 6 Lipo Packs, 2 brushless airplane motors, 2 esc's, and their EZ Run Brushless system for my RC10T4. Yeah the wait is kinda long sometimes but I have had great luck with all of their products. Honestly if it wasnt for HK I probably never would have gotten into the electric side of flying or gotten back into RC trucks for that matter. Everything was dang expensive. I ordered a pair of Zippy 4S 2350 Packs for one of my planes. I was looking at $90 a pack from Tower Hobbiesand I only paid $26 from HK! I have had them for about 10 months now and they still feel new every flight! I dont order small stuff HK though. Stuff like connectors, servos, heatshrink, etc I still get from the LHS or Tower mainly for the shipping time.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:25 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: TruBlu02

I have ordered 6 Lipo Packs, 2 brushless airplane motors, 2 esc's, and their EZ Run Brushless system for my RC10T4. Yeah the wait is kinda long sometimes but I have had great luck with all of their products. Honestly if it wasnt for HK I probably never would have gotten into the electric side of flying or gotten back into RC trucks for that matter. Everything was dang expensive. I ordered a pair of Zippy 4S 2350 Packs for one of my planes. I was looking at $90 a pack from Tower Hobbiesand I only paid $26 from HK! I have had them for about 10 months now and they still feel new every flight! I dont order small stuff HK though. Stuff like connectors, servos, heatshrink, etc I still get from the LHS or Tower mainly for the shipping time.
true
I would have stuck with a brushed DF-02 on some NiMh's for my electrics if it wasn't for the cheap lipos
Old 10-14-2010, 10:45 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

Between myself and a buddy, we have bought 12 6s5000 Turningy packs from hobby king- One has had a bad cell in it. Cost 25 bucks to send it back to get a 50 credit.. Oh well...
Old 10-14-2010, 11:56 PM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have ordered stuff from foamies to big gas stuff from them. Every thing worked better then my LHS experience. The LHS just don't stand a chance. Ebay, swap shops, online vendors thats the way I go. When I make a trip to the LHS they just ran out of CA that I drove 8 miles to get. When I order something, they tell me next tuesday or thursday then six weeks later my order comes in.

HobbyKing Rocks!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:57 AM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: mc4798

Excuse ThunderbirdJunkie while he plugs his MM into his computer and it only cost $6 more than his 60a HW ESC
LOL

Well excuse me as I go screaming past you with a 60a xe-run and turbo software. While using a 10.5tsensored motor.
Only reason you'll be passing ThunderbirdJunkie is because he stuffed a pipe and wound up on his lid [&:]

Plus your XErun 60a cost you more than ThunderbirdJunkie's nice shiny new MM cost him [X(]
Been there lol, Actually alot.

Well sometimes you have too pay for performance Plus MC can run sensored motors.

Local Hobby shops have nobody to blame but themselves.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:02 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Eh, $62 for a speed control that has the features and adjustability the MM does, and it's made in the US, ThunderbirdJunkie is OK with not being able to run sensored motors

But yes, local hobby shops have their own set of issues if they aren't going to survive.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:05 AM
mc4798

Where are you buying MM for 62.00 ? Iwill takeone for that price.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:06 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Castle's site. $75, then put in the coupon code at checkout military30 for 30% off. $62 shipped to ThunderbirdJunkie's door
Old 10-15-2010, 02:11 AM
mc4798

Castle's site. $75, then put in the coupon code at checkout military30 for 30% off. $62 shipped to ThunderbirdJunkie's door
Wow, Thanks TB.

57.55 shipped to my door
Old 10-15-2010, 02:16 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Shipping was cheaper for you

And it was almost the same price for you as ThunderbirdJunkie's Hobbywing 60a EZrun [:@][&:][&:][&:]

The MM should live a long life with ThunderbirdJunkie. He just installed it in the SC10 today and with the same settings as the Sidewinder that WAS in there it just feels more responsive and gutsier.

TBH, the feel is far superior to the 60a EZrun.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:34 AM
mc4798

Priority mail shipping. Maybe the reason why

Actually payed less for MM than my ezrun 60a.

100amps continous will be nice. I have 5900kv motor that I couldnt use because it thermals the 60a ez and the 60/120a xeruns just doesnt like sensorless motors.

Err, I proably have to get the castle link and programmer. I hate holding buttons and counting lites.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:21 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

No, just use a mini USB to std USB cable. Download the software from the site.

The Castle Link stuff is just $20 you really DON'T have to spend.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:01 AM
mufflerbearing

Hobbyking just opened their opened their USA warehouse which is great news for us. They have a bunch of hardcase car lipos and shipping is CHEAP! I am thinking of picking up a turnigy 5,000 2s 20C hardcase for $20 + $5 shipping.

No more shipping overseas!
Old 10-15-2010, 09:04 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Don't you have to send proof that you are in the military for that code to work?
Old 10-15-2010, 10:22 AM
tonyob

I've placed 11 orders in the last year at hobby king and haven't had any problems with either the lipos or the other gear (motors, speed controllers, servos, etc) from them. I'm careful not to mix stock I want now with stock that is back ordered and all my orders have come through in reasonable time. Just checked and the total value I've purchased from them is just over $1500 USD across those 11 orders.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:59 AM
FoamyVictim

Capitalism... gotta love it. If you wanna compete, you have to act like it. Selling batteries at 3-5 times the cost of your competition... not wise. Hobby King packs now make up the majority of batteries at our track. Once you try them, you kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:08 PM
HugYourRC

Yes, but your LHS is most likely supporting the RC industry in general.

Just a question, where do you work?
ORIGINAL: FoamyVictim

Capitalism... gotta love it. If you wanna compete, you have to act like it. Selling batteries at 3-5 times the cost of your competition... not wise. Hobby King packs now make up the majority of batteries at our track. Once you try them, you kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:17 PM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]ORIGINAL: HugYourRC

[quote]ORIGINAL: FoamyVictim

The thing is that the hobby store sells all imported stuff anyway, but it is way overpriced. HK is opening warehouses all over the world. they will be big in 2 years. Just watch. The prices we pay on many items are outrageous. We are being robbed.

Gerry
Old 10-15-2010, 12:31 PM
FoamyVictim

ORIGINAL: HugYourRC

ORIGINAL: FoamyVictim

The LHS is a retailer, and I'm happy to buy products at a reasonable price. I shop my LHS on a regular basis, in fact one of them carries Zippy.Turnegy packs. My comment wasn't directed at hobby shops, as much as its directed at Hobby King's Competitors, i.e. Maxamps, Thunderpower, and the like. I still can't fathom why anyone would pay $150 for a battery.

I own a small business, and if I started charging a Premium price for my products, I'd go out of business. There just aren't enough ignorant people looking for what I produce, to rip them off the way those battery companies do.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:51 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: mazdaprotege4

Don't you have to send proof that you are in the military for that code to work?
Try it and find out

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.