Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Bad Rep at hobbyking???

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Damon--

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad Rep at hobbyking???

Alright, thanks. I'm gonna get 2 of those or 2 of the 6400s as the ones from HobbyKing don't fit my Rusty without some serious mods, for $50 more (because of shipping) and also this comes with plugs already on it, I think this is the better deal. I also dont have to worry about LONG shipping from overseas, or it arriving with a bad cell.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:17 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

my only compliant about any of my hobby city packs is some TX lipo's i got were a little out of balance and took a little extra time on the inital charger... but they all were done with-in an hour at 1.4A (they were 3s 1450mha)

the lug
Old 10-15-2010, 06:40 PM
DanMN

I totally agree that the LHS shouldn't be making an 80% margin on just these batteries, but should follow their usual mark ups. And yes, I am sure that they are purchasing 100 at a crack and are getting better pricing due to this. All I can say is that if they are making a real high margin and people are paying for them, more power to them........
Old 10-15-2010, 06:48 PM
RCER88
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With over 30 orders to HK in the last 2+ years I have never received a bad battery.

I had one Accucel 6 charger fail and sent it back and got a new replacement. No problems.

I have had motors fail under warranty. Sent them back and it was replaced or credit to my account.

It is 50 miles to the LHS and they NEVER have what I really need except glue. I can buy that at HK too.

Bad rep when I see so many failed batteries. It makes me think. Where they changing the plug and shorted it out? Makes you wonder. So how can you trust the "Alleged failures"?

Order speed I placed an order on Friday used the UPS option and the order arrived at my door Monday. 3 days. Tower can't do that and they are less than 500 miles away.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Dave ESPI

I work for a LHS. I personaly dont buy VENOM packs and when I can avoid it, the EFLITE ones also. they are junk IMHO. We sell them because we have product support. Eventhough we have a NO WARNTEE policy on lipos due to the delicate nature of them. Ive purchased a few items from Hobbyking and hobbypartz and nitroplanes. com and had no issues. Bananna hobby.... well my sig says it all.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how would you guys compare yeah racing packs to zippy flightmax ones?
Old 10-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Damon--

Are VENOM's 3s lipos any good? This one in particular...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodId=VNR15009
Old 10-16-2010, 02:23 AM
Redvanmafia

Dale's right, i love cheap lipos
Old 10-16-2010, 06:24 AM
McXtreme

I just received two 3 cell 5000mA HK Turnigy blue 25C packs from the USA warehouse. one pack showed only 8.84 volts and i used the recovery mode on my charger to bring it back up. But, both packs show cell imbalances of 0.3 - 0.4 volts.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:29 AM
FoamyVictim

ORIGINAL: McXtreme

I just received two 3 cell 5000mA HK Turnigy blue 25C packs from the USA warehouse. one pack showed only 8.84 volts and i used the recovery mode on my charger to bring it back up. But, both packs show cell imbalances of 0.3 - 0.4 volts.
Use it a few times, don't run it all the way down though. Use a balance charger, and after a few runs it will likely balance.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:23 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: FoamyVictim

ORIGINAL: McXtreme

Use it a few times, don't run it all the way down though. Use a balance charger, and after a few runs it will likely balance.
agreed, it could be the charger does not charge balance well
Old 10-18-2010, 09:25 AM
FoamyVictim

A great tool to have is a Blinky from Astroflight. Its a small balancer that when plugged in, works all by itself. I've left it on unbalanced packs for hours and hours. I recharge back up with my balance charger and they tend to balance out perfectly.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Redvanmafia

i also use a blinky, and my batterys are always balanced, mine has a digital read out.