Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

RC Company With Most World Wins

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 01:53 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Company With Most World Wins

ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie
HAHAHAHAHAHA he thinks the RC world revolves around racing.
ROFLOL If it wasn't for racers, you guys would still be shopping for your next Nikko rig at RadioShack. [img][/img]
You're joking, right?

Just because racing drives the R&D in RC doesn't mean that racing is the biggest sector of the market in RC. It, by far, is not.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:07 PM
crunchNmunch

HAHAHAHAHAHA he thinks the RC world revolves around racing.
ROFLOL If it wasn't for racers, you guys would still be shopping for your nextNikko rigat RadioShack. [img][/img]
You're joking, right?

Just because racing drives the R&D in RC doesn't mean that racing is the biggest sector of the market in RC. It, by far, is not.

I never said it was, but just what is it that you bashers that are notoriously tightfisted would be running if not for R&D that your slim profit margins don't support?

You honestly think that there'd ever have been a B44 or an XRay or any other viable real car had it not been for racing?

Heck, even Traxxas would never had been heard of had it not been for them getting into the market by copying the best of the available parts on the AEand Losi cars of its era when they released their first car.

If it had not been for the racing done back in the late 1980s and 90s chances are this hobby would have died long ago, or been a shadowof itself,because it was out of the product development due to the racing that was done that everything progressed. You guys would still be bashing Blackfoots and Grasshoppers and Nikko cars, and thinking it thecoolest,had it not been for racing. There'd be no slipper clutches, alloy shocks, electronic speed controls, brushless motors, 2.4g radios, etc., etc., etc. had it not been for racing.

You can choose to be in denial of it all you want, but facts are facts.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:13 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

65 post and you just joined yesterday, Is that you joe cool?...
Old 10-20-2010, 02:24 PM
crunchNmunch

Name's not Joe, and I'm too old to be cool.
Or is it that you take exception to someone that has an opinion and doesn't have 6,000 posts?
Thanks for the heads-up, at the rate I'm going I might reach your tally in two years and be cool just like you.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:28 PM
redfisher1974

Your replies are very similar to a poster named Joe cool, who got the boot awhile ago. As for being cool you have a way to go, but keep trying.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:33 PM
lee172

Blackfoots and Grasshoppers
Now ya talking [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 10-20-2010, 02:52 PM
crunchNmunch

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

As for being cool you have a way to go, but keep trying.
If it means being like you, don't worry. I have no reason for wanting to be so uncool.

Did you get picked on alot in highschool?
Old 10-20-2010, 03:31 PM
J.D.T

Do you dispute the fact Associated sold out for a only 9 million dollars back in 2005? Tamiya or Kyosho could have bought them up to throw the name away for spite if they had wanted.

Do you understand the first associated cars were pan cars and didn't even have active suspension, the rc 10 came along years after Tamiya popped the off road cherry

Do you know that the idea of Radio Control rather than teathers for control was introduced at the 1964 Olympics held in Tokyo Japan?

Do you dispute that for every one racer there are 10 bashers?

Does it matter if you race/bash a $200 traxxas or $2000 xray aren't you still an rc enthusiast?

Just so you know Tamiya was first in a number of categories

First F 1 Car
First Off Roader
First Four Wheel Drive
First Dual Motor Surface RC
First Dual Battery Surface RC
First Scale Truck
First "mini" scale chassis
and are credited by most people with starting the touring car craze that has swept the planet since the late 90s

Kyosho has overtaken Tamiya as the world leader in RC the last couple years after going back and forth for the last couple decades, they both however are head and shoulders above Thunder Tiger who is number three.

The idea that four wheel drive is a small market is crazy, Worldwide 10th scale 4wd electric on road is the most popular class, every single company makes a 4wd touring car, some offer several different versions. In the US 1/8 scale off road is the most popular class but even then 4wd is king, do you even know of a company that makes a 1/8 scale 2wd buggy?

I like associated they make fine rc cars but IMO compairing them to Tamiya is like compairing a tiny company like Saab to a worldwide powerhouse like Mercedes, mercedes will sell you a $20,000 crap box of a $189,000 race car, where as saab does a good job on everything but wants two to three times the lower end but less on the higher end price.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:51 PM
crunchNmunch

Honestly, I'd have a easier time having a fruitful discussion with the whino at the corner than trying to further rationalize any of this with you being as you keep flip-flopping around, making one point moot with your next argument,and changing subjects (4wd offroad vs. 4wd onroad) and skewing your own reality with a total misconception of the actual facts compared tothe real world. And then on top of all that, the FACT remains thatevery one ofthe so-called "firsts" you named are totally inaccurate.

And frankly, if Saab was such an automotive genius as a manufacturer they'd have never have been bought by FoMoCo and then disposed of for pennies on the dollar either, and comparing them to Mercedes ... well.... I keep waiting for you to bring the veritable Yugo into the discussion.

You've painted yourself into a little corner you and you alone can live in, but I'm done. Meanwhile I'll let you get back to more serious issues, like figuring out how to get your Hornet from pogo-sticking.

So please allow the sane people to get the discussion back on topic "RC Company With Most World Wins."
Old 10-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Scottgir

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

Do you dispute the fact Associated sold out for a only 9 million dollars back in 2005? Tamiya or Kyosho could have bought them up to throw the name away for spite if they had wanted.

Do you understand the first associated cars were pan cars and didn't even have active suspension, the rc 10 came along years after Tamiya popped the off road cherry

Do you know that the idea of Radio Control rather than teathers for control was introduced at the 1964 Olympics held in Tokyo Japan?

Do you dispute that for every one racer there are 10 bashers?

Does it matter if you race/bash a $200 traxxas or $2000 xray aren't you still an rc enthusiast?

Just so you know Tamiya was first in a number of categories

First F 1 Car
First Off Roader
First Four Wheel Drive
First Dual Motor Surface RC
First Dual Battery Surface RC
First Scale Truck
First ''mini'' scale chassis
and are credited by most people with starting the touring car craze that has swept the planet since the late 90s

Kyosho has overtaken Tamiya as the world leader in RC the last couple years after going back and forth for the last couple decades, they both however are head and shoulders above Thunder Tiger who is number three.

The idea that four wheel drive is a small market is crazy, Worldwide 10th scale 4wd electric on road is the most popular class, every single company makes a 4wd touring car, some offer several different versions. In the US 1/8 scale off road is the most popular class but even then 4wd is king, do you even know of a company that makes a 1/8 scale 2wd buggy?

I like associated they make fine rc cars but IMO compairing them to Tamiya is like compairing a tiny company like Saab to a worldwide powerhouse like Mercedes, mercedes will sell you a $20,000 crap box of a $189,000 race car, where as saab does a good job on everything but wants two to three times the lower end but less on the higher end price.
Do you dispute the fact that the value and size of a company doesn't dictate how high performance or how cutting edge their designs are. Like I said Tamiya is a great company. They're big, they make a lot of money and they were definitely a cutting edge company in the late 70's and early 80's. But what have they done in the last 27 years?

You're making the argument that because Associated sold for 9 million dollars that they're not in Tamiya's class. I'm talking quality of car, engineering and performance of vehicle. You're talking profit and loss, ebitda and gross margins. Walmart is 80,000 times bigger than tower hobbies, so why don't you go buy all of your RC stuff there. You'll get a Nikko but hey, you got it at Walmart so it's better.

Here is how I look at the RC industry.
Schumacher developed the first Ball Diff in 1980. They're cutting edge
Asociated redefined the 1/10 scale off road market with the RC10. Aside from ladder framed cars, EVERY car made today can trace it's design roots back to the RC10.

I'm not an associated fanboy either. I've actually always raced Losi's or HPI's until SCT's.

Also FIRST doesn't mean best. The first automobiles had steam engines. I try to give Tamiya their props. Huge company. Incredible attention to details (from their modeling roots). Some of the best scale looks in RC. But PLEASE don't try and label them as some cutting edge, top of the performance ladder company.

To help in your comparison by the way. Tamiya = Chevy Associated = Bugatti.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:24 PM
redfisher1974

As for being cool you have a way to go, but keep trying.
If it means being like you, don't worry. I have no reason for wanting to be so uncool.

Did you get picked on alot in highschool? [img][/img]
I expected a better comeback then that, Try again..
Old 10-20-2010, 05:03 PM
inteva6184

ORIGINAL: inteva6184

How do you know he doesnt make the fastest rc's around? He just said his problem is he cant drive them. As others have already pointed out this thread isSTUPID. Noone careswho has the most championships its just like nascar it doesnt matter. The cars arent stock the drivers arent the same so whats the difference. I understand there have been points where one car brand has dominated for a while but why does that matter to us? When I buy a rc car I buy what fits my needs and what works well I dont really care if it has the most world championships or not. If there was one best that is all anyone would buy.

When bashers like you figure out that the world and rc cars don't revolve around you, you might come to grips with the fact that there are real racers thatactually care.

Wow nice job.You ignored 3/4 of my post and only read the part where I described what Iam looking for in a rc. Me andI would venture to guess 95% of the people that own rc's do not race professionally so like I said I dont care who wins the most. Now lets jump back to the part of my thread that you skipped. World championships dont matter. Like Isaid earlier there are to many variables to say oh this brand is the best. Drivers, mods, funding, setup, and just good old fashioned luck top the list.But I look forward to your reply where you ignore and twist every one ofmy points just like youvedone this entire thread.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

hey guys, my e-peter is waaaaay bigger than all of yours!! Prove me wrong!!

Seriously though, if you just ignore all the trolls, this would be a nice place. As soon as you respond to them they have won. And on RCU, they ALWAYS win....even the blatant trolls that are obviously here just to cause trouble....
Old 10-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Casper06

Who keeps giving him rating points on these threads?
I just gave you 5 stars!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:36 PM
crunchNmunch

How do you know he doesnt make the fastest rc's around? He just said his problem is he cant drive them. As others have already pointed out this thread isSTUPID. Noone careswho has the most championships its just like nascar it doesnt matter. The cars arent stock the drivers arent the same so whats the difference. I understand there have been points where one car brand has dominated for a while but why does that matter to us? When I buy a rc car I buy what fits my needs and what works well I dont really care if it has the most world championships or not. If there was one best that is all anyone would buy.

When bashers like you figure out that the world and rc cars don't revolve around you, you might come to grips with the fact that there are real racers thatactually care.

Wow nice job.You ignored 3/4 of my post and only read the part where I described what Iam looking for in a rc. Me andI would venture to guess 95% of the people that own rc's do not race professionally so like I said I dont care who wins the most. Now lets jump back to the part of my thread that you skipped. World championships dont matter. Like Isaid earlier there are to many variables to say oh this brand is the best. Drivers, mods, funding, setup, and just good old fashioned luck top the list.But I look forward to your reply where you ignore and twist every one ofmy points just like youvedone this entire thread.
The guy only asked which manufacturer has the most world championships, a perfectly legitimate question, and you chose to attack him.
Anything else you had to say was a moot point.

You might think world championships don't matter, other people feel differently.
If you didn't like the thread you should have just moved on instead of choosing to pick a fight.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:54 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

a simple question almost always ends up in a flame session on here these days it seems

the answer to your question is Team Associated
Old 10-21-2010, 12:18 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

I never said it was, but just what is it that you bashers that are notoriously tightfisted would be running if not for R&D that your slim profit margins don't support?

You honestly think that there'd ever have been a B44 or an XRay or any other viable real car had it not been for racing?

Heck, even Traxxas would never had been heard of had it not been for them getting into the market by copying the best of the available parts on the AE and Losi cars of its era when they released their first car.

If it had not been for the racing done back in the late 1980s and 90s chances are this hobby would have died long ago, or been a shadow of itself, because it was out of the product development due to the racing that was done that everything progressed. You guys would still be bashing Blackfoots and Grasshoppers and Nikko cars, and thinking it the coolest, had it not been for racing. There'd be no slipper clutches, alloy shocks, electronic speed controls, brushless motors, 2.4g radios, etc., etc., etc. had it not been for racing.

You can choose to be in denial of it all you want, but facts are facts.
Hahahaha he thinks ThunderbirdJunkie doesn't race [&:]
Old 10-21-2010, 01:48 AM
IFR Pilot

I love blocking people, keep it up and careful what you ask for.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:50 AM
IFR Pilot

Thunderbirdjunkie, the only reason why you still here is because you like Stevie Ray Vaughan!!

Willy The Wimp...
Old 10-21-2010, 01:53 AM
IFR Pilot

The guy only asked which manufacturer has the most world championships, a perfectly legitimate question, and you chose to attack him.
Anything else you had to say was a moot point.

You might think world championships don't matter, other people feel differently.
If you didn't like the thread you should have just moved on instead of choosing to pick a fight.
Crunch, I like you because you actually have brains. Thought I was the only person with brains and you proved me wrong. 5 STARS.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:54 AM
crunchNmunch

"Participating" in races, and actually knowing "how to race/drive" are two entirely different concepts.

But I will commend you on making it intothe C-Main, on occassion.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:56 AM
crunchNmunch

ORIGINAL: Moms Mistake

Thunderbirdjunkie, the only reason why you still here is because you like Stevie Ray Vaughan!!

Willy The Wimp...
I thought it was because they got a kick out of him talking about himself in the third-person, theinane humor factor,like Kramer on Seinfeld?
Old 10-21-2010, 01:18 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

''Participating'' in races, and actually knowing ''how to race/drive'' are two entirely different concepts.

But I will commend you on making it into the C-Main, on occassion. [img][/img]
That's cute. You so funny sir[&:]
Old 10-21-2010, 01:20 PM
crunchNmunch

''Participating'' in races, and actually knowing ''how to race/drive'' are two entirely different concepts.

But I will commend you on making it intothe C-Main, on occassion. [img][/img]
That's cute. You so funny sir[&:]
And you're not as funny as you think you are, so I guess that makes us even.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:28 PM
IFR Pilot

Basically I saw a huge rc track about an hour drive from my house and watched them race 1 evening and wanted to give it a try, looks fun.

So I made this thread to find out what is the most winning rc company to atleast help me not show up at the track with a hunk of junk.

If I don't make it to the C-main, or win a race at all, then I can only blame myself and not the car.

I also like Losi after reading some of their history. I'm not sure what are the most popular scales these days. To be honest I like 1/10 2WD off-road buggy and lipo, not nitro. Is the class I mentiond still alive, has nitro taken over rc? Most people at my track are into 1/8th truggy and I really don't care for it.

Thanks again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.