Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

RC Company With Most World Wins

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 12:41 AM
IFR Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Company With Most World Wins

Who has the most world wins than any company ever known? Who is 2nd and 3rd and so on...?

Thanks...
Old 10-16-2010, 08:07 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RC Company With Most World Wins

Kyosho and Serpent are probably around the top. 8th scale onroad used to be super popular worldwide. Still kind of is.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:29 AM
andy30k

team associated they have the most wins i thinkin it at over 20 world championships
Old 10-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Redvanmafia

Its one of thoes things that doesnt really matter,
Old 10-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Xmoto16

I thought associated, ofna and traxxas has one the most awards in the industry
Old 10-16-2010, 06:50 PM
IFR Pilot

It is in fact http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_Electrics

It may not matter to Redvanmafia, but to me the success history of a company means everything.

If I wanted to win the Triple Crown, I would buy a horse that is known for being fast and not slow.

AE has another customer aboard.

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

what is the point of this thread? just trying to "prove" what manufacturer is best? Nice try, nothing but a troll thread....
Old 10-16-2010, 07:26 PM
IFR Pilot

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

what is the point of this thread? just trying to "prove" what manufacturer is best? Nice try, nothing but a troll thread....
Listen here Mr. Brain. The reason for this thread is to find out what car company is the most successful also meaning they have great products.

History of a company is extremely important when wanting to get into a hobby, or sport.

Do you understand Mr. Brain?

Old 10-16-2010, 08:01 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ThunderbirdJunkie builds the fastest cars on the track.

Too bad he is incapable of driving them to victory.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:00 AM
IFR Pilot

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

I would assume you real name is not ( Cliff *The Buggy Master* Lett )?

Old 10-17-2010, 09:05 AM
inteva6184

How do you know he doesnt make the fastest rc's around? He just said his problem is he cant drive them. As others have already pointed out this thread isSTUPID. Noone careswho has the most championships its just like nascar it doesnt matter. The cars arent stock the drivers arent the same so whats the difference. I understand there have been points where one car brand has dominated for a while but why does that matter to us? When I buy a rc car I buy what fits my needs and what works well I dont really care if it has the most world championships or not. If there was one best that is all anyone would buy.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:41 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who keeps giving him rating points on these threads?
Old 10-17-2010, 10:35 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: Moms Mistake

I would assume you real name is not ( Cliff *The Buggy Master* Lett )?

If that WAS ThunderbirdJunkie's name, then that would imply he could drive. Which he cannot [&:]
Old 10-19-2010, 11:54 PM
crunchNmunch

ORIGINAL: inteva6184

How do you know he doesnt make the fastest rc's around? He just said his problem is he cant drive them. As others have already pointed out this thread isSTUPID. Noone careswho has the most championships its just like nascar it doesnt matter. The cars arent stock the drivers arent the same so whats the difference. I understand there have been points where one car brand has dominated for a while but why does that matter to us? When I buy a rc car I buy what fits my needs and what works well I dont really care if it has the most world championships or not. If there was one best that is all anyone would buy.

When bashers like you figure out that the world and rc cars don't revolve around you, you might come to grips with the fact that there are real racers thatactually care.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:22 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch

ORIGINAL: inteva6184

How do you know he doesnt make the fastest rc's around? He just said his problem is he cant drive them. As others have already pointed out this thread is STUPID. Noone cares who has the most championships its just like nascar it doesnt matter. The cars arent stock the drivers arent the same so whats the difference. I understand there have been points where one car brand has dominated for a while but why does that matter to us? When I buy a rc car I buy what fits my needs and what works well I dont really care if it has the most world championships or not. If there was one best that is all anyone would buy.

When bashers like you figure out that the world and rc cars don't revolve around you, you might come to grips with the fact that there are real racers that actually care.
HAHAHAHAHAHA he thinks the RC world revolves around racing.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:06 AM
crunchNmunch

HAHAHAHAHAHA he thinks the RC world revolves around racing.
ROFLOL If it wasn't for racers, you guys would still be shopping for your nextNikko rigat RadioShack.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:29 AM
J.D.T

If not for TAMIYA you would be playing in parking lots with $3000 kits, Tamiya not only made the first off road kit, they made it way more affordable, before that rc cars were all on road units and cost as much as real cars and were uncommon, only owned by the very techy/geeky guys.

The first ever world champion company ain't even in business anymore, of course associated has more worlds wins, they have been racing at this level for longer than any other company, they have not only sent teams of guys longer than any other company they send larger teams of guys than anyone else in the industry. Associated makes good stuff no doubt but the best car has to have a good driver and awesome team behind it racing at this high level.

The most successful race driver in history drove yokomo stuff alot but also gave associated a couple of there world titles, your favorite racer calls him master that is for sure, 14 IFMAR titles to his credit

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51683.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	1519937  
Old 10-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Krazy Chicken

lot-a-green lol
ORIGINAL: J.D.T
Old 10-20-2010, 09:01 AM
crunchNmunch

If not for TAMIYA you would be playing in parking lots with $3000 kits, Tamiya not only made the first off road kit, they made it way more affordable, before that rc cars were all on road units and cost as much as real cars and were uncommon, only owned by the very techy/geeky guys.

The first ever world champion company ain't even in business anymore, of course associated has more worlds wins, they have been racing at this level for longer than any other company, they have not only sent teams of guys longer than any other company they send larger teams of guys than anyone else in the industry. Associated makes good stuff no doubt but the best car has to have a good driver and awesome team behind it racing at this high level.

The most successful race driver in history drove yokomo stuff alot but also gave associated a couple of there world titles, your favorite racer calls him master that is for sure, 14 IFMAR titles to his credit

I had friends playing in parking lots back in those days, and 1/8th on-road gas cars didn't cost 3-grand. Funny premise though, thanks for the laugh.
But if Tamiya'd have had their way you guys would still be building hard-plastic cars, similar to what's at RadioShack (what we used to call "explod-mundo specials") and would still be trying to get Grasshoppers and Frogs andtheir variantsto work.
Oh wait, some of you still are.

Tamiya only ever built a real car to compete with Associated, Losi, and others on the Worlds-level of racing. Again, not for the bashers.

Met Masamithe first timeat the worlds, quite the talent,was interesting watching him wheel a car around the track using his feet.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:40 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this forum has really taken a turn for the worse.

jdt is spot on. and it is true that without racers this hobby would not be nearly as sophisticated and we would have very few manufacturers.

ths point of this thread? MASAMI owns and the rest is just nonsense.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:52 AM
J.D.T

I didn't say they were three grand then, I said they would be that much now if associated had been in control all this time. If you know someone that had a rc in the 60 or 70s they had used corvette type of money into them and thats the honest truth. I know there are some ratty corvettes out there but good luck finding one for the $300-500 the average rc costs now

Tamiya made the first off roader, they also made the first four wheel drive, something associated took 30+ years to do.

Have you ever heard of the Associated Racing Series, no cause there ain't one, the Tamiya Championship Series has been going for 17 years in the US alone, the Tamiya World Championships include 11 chassis from at least 14 countries, Associated barely has 11 different chassis and thats only because they turned the 18th scale stuff into so many different variations.

Tamiya has won 10 times the races associated has, in Japan you can race 7 nights a week if you want, Tamiya sells more in Paint every year than Associateds Total Sales, Tamiys has about three times the market share and many times the sales of Thunder Tiger, the company that owns associated, Lots of Americans want to think Associated bought Thunder Tiger but that is plain wrong, until they were acquired by TT associated was a tiny little pimple on the worldwide RC buttocks no matter how many big races they have won.

Masami spent all them years winning everything and look what it did for Yokomo, didly squat, I had a goony at the LHS tell me I was pronouncing Yokomo wrong its really pronounced KY O SHOW LOL.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Scottgir

This is a very skewed question. There are a lot of different classes and while one company may dominate 1/12 onroad, another is good on electric track etc.

But to answer the question
1. Associated - 24
2. Kyosho - 14
3. Yokomo - 11
4. Serpent - 7
5. Losi - 6
6. Mugen - 5
7. BMT, PB9 & Tamiya - All with 4
10. Trinity & FG - Both with 3

Now those are the top 10. There are more with 1 or 2 like Hot Bodies, H.A.R.M., Durango, Schumacher, Xray, J-Concepts, Delta, Corally etc.

Hope this answers your question.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:03 PM
crunchNmunch

I didn't say they were three grand then, I said they would be that much now if associated had been in control all this time. If you know someone that had a rc in the 60 or 70s they had used corvette type of money into them and thats the honest truth. I know there are some ratty corvettes out there but good luck finding one for the $300-500 the average rc costs now

Tamiya made the first off roader, they also made the first four wheel drive, something associated took 30+ years to do.

Have you ever heard of the Associated Racing Series, no cause there ain't one, the Tamiya Championship Series has been going for 17 years in the US alone, the Tamiya World Championships include 11 chassis from at least 14 countries, Associated barely has 11 different chassis and thats only because they turned the 18th scale stuff into so many different variations.

Tamiya has won 10 times the races associated has, in Japan you can race 7 nights a week if you want, Tamiya sells more in Paint every year than Associateds Total Sales, Tamiys has about three times the market share and many times the sales of Thunder Tiger, the company that owns associated, Lots of Americans want to think Associated bought Thunder Tiger but that is plain wrong, until they were acquired by TT associated was a tiny little pimple on the worldwide RC buttocks no matter how many big races they have won.

Masami spent all them years winning everything and look what it did for Yokomo, didly squat, I had a goony at the LHS tell me I was pronouncing Yokomo wrong its really pronounced KY O SHOW LOL.
Reading the above post makes me reach a few conclusions:
- someone is going off what they think, instead of relying on facts.
- someone was pissed when a real off-road car displaced all the plastic crap cars on offroad tracks, and forced Tamiya to step up its game.
- someone's never considered how small the 4wd market actually is, nor were they aware of the past working relationship between Associated and Yokomo (that had a 4wd)
- someone needs to move to Japan, so they can live in a closet sized apartment and race 7 nights a week
- someone needs to stop relying on what some"goony" in a hobby shop in Iowa of all places tells them.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Scottgir

On a side note.

J.D.T = Masayuki.

Wow. All hail Tamiya.

Tamiya is a well run company. They're the Nintendo of RC. Biggest company, makes the most money but FAR from the best products.

Just to give you a little history lesson.
RC cars were in existance since the 60's. Tamiya's first car was in 1976. Tamiya did make the first 2 off roaders but was immediately followed by Kyosho and others. The only thing Tamiya had as an advantage over everyone else was distributorship in the US. THAT'S why they became so big and in turn funded all the "racing series" etc. While Tamiya's money goes into promotion, Associated's goes into R&D. I'm an offroad fan but you can even count on-road. I give the most credit to Associated, Kyosho and Yokomo for the electric buggies we have today. It was their designs that gave us the cars we have today.

Look at Tamiya's top performers, they followed Associated's lead. Do you think the 201 looks like a frog/wild one/falcon or more like an RC10?

Tamiya is big because of their foothold in the USA from their modeling divisions.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:08 PM
crunchNmunch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.