Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

BL converted buggy

Old 10-17-2010, 07:38 PM
inteva6184

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BL converted buggy

Hey guys not many people around here with rc's or brushless so I am having a little trouble comparing. I converted a duratrax raze st to brushless and the thing is pretty much impossible to drive. Problem is it will not keep the front wheels down which is interesting to me since the fronts balloon like crazy the second they lift. At around 30 mph its really bad I get to 30 figure Ican open it up and it just stands it right up. My top end is at best 45. I am sure I can weight the front but its kind of ashame considering itflies so level right now. Basically my question isdo you guys with truggieshave horrible problems keeping the front end down? By the way I currently have a 16 tooth on it before Ihada 23 tooth which made the problem even worse so bad that I was never able to do a top speed run. Is this raze chasis not able to take this kind of power?

By the way I meant truggy not buggy.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:17 PM
mac3194
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: BL converted buggy

That's brushless for u lol but if ur running 6s lipo u could run 4s instead that might help or just gear down more. im about to convert my raze buggy how is ur drivetrain holding up??
Old 11-11-2010, 09:27 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

one what KV motor and 4S or 6S

Yes my jammin X1 CRT wheelies like mad
I run a MM 2200kv motor ESC setup in it on 4S. I think I'm running a 12 or 14t pinion in it now. I had to use castles software to tame it down somewhat cause I would get it to 70% throttle (slowly increasing speed), and if I hit it to full the sucker would pop a wheelie still I also was running a 18t pinion. I also had to go to 5000wt oil in my center diff. originally tried 10k but that was too thick, the 5000 tamed its front end down a bit.
Its not so bad now, it will only pull up if I gun it, but the front tires still balloon like mad
Old 11-12-2010, 11:57 AM
inteva6184

Well guys after adjusting some things on my esc and my remote it turned into a blast to drive.  I could control the wheelies it still did them but only when I wanted.   Topped out around 40 I would guess but was alot more fun to drive than when it was nitro.  As far as holding up goes it held up very well.  I most likely had 3-4 gallons with a peak diablo .28 motor so its life before brushless wasnt exactly easy.  The only issue I found was if I go full throttle reverse sometimes you hear the front diff pop.  It may just need to be shimmer I dont know.  Sadly I took it off the road for a little while because I slapped that brushless setup on my e revo.