Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 09:23 AM
etc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL?

I know I am new to and looking to buy my first truck. I have seen a lot of Traxxas bashing on the diffrent forums, but if it wasn't for Traxxas I don't think I would be buying a truck for the first time right now. I have been looking at the different offerings and the price points of other truck companies are outside of what I can\will spend for my first purchase. I am not interested in racing at all. I want a truck that I can take with me to the big open field that I take my dog to and tear around the field with it. Nothing more nothing less. So from a new person I think Traxxas fits someone like me perfectly.

I live in the northeast so I want to take it with me when it snows too. From what I have looked at so far the only thing that falls into\is made for someone like me is a truck from Traxxas. Specifically I was about to buy an E-maxx brushed version and maybe down the road upgrade it to brushless.

With that being said what is the general thought for someone like me. Proceed on the route of getting an E-maxx 3903 or wait until the 4x4 Stampede vxl to come out that already has brushless?
Old 10-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Slo-V Flyer

The Pede would be simpler to work on, and will be lighter than a Maxx most likely (half the weight or so). That will allow you to run in snow a bit more easily I'd think. Also, you could get wider/bigger tires for it to help with that as well.

From an ease of use stand point, the single battery needed to run the Pede will be always quicker and simpler as well, compared to needing 2 for the Emaxx. Also, you'll probably get slightly better runtimes from the same battery in a Pede if it doesn't have a hog of a motor, compared to a Maxx.

With that said, the Emaxx can be upgraded with a 2 speed, for better crawling and higher running speeds, which is not possibly with the 4x4 platform Stampede (unless they change that, would be very cool!) and well, it's just larger which appeals to a lot of folks too, among other things.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

Wonder how hot that vxl motor will run on 3s?
No different then a Slash 4x4 unless you gear to the moon like a moron
Old 10-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: topdogg11

ORIGINAL: mufflerbearing

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Anybody who doubts that a Factory Team Associated anything is worth the money needs to buy one.
No thanks, I need a bomb proof basher truck that I can get parts for everywhere. Exactly what traxxas makes.
DING DING DING, tell 'em what he won, JOHNNY!!!

Bingo, mufflerbearing your post is very refreshing and ACCURATE!! Well done!!

Thats why some of us here do run Traxxas, ya know, the brand that most of the hating old men and confused whinning little girls here talk nonsense about talking all the time about saying that Traxxas has cheap parts and no quality yet thats why youtube has nothing but TRAXXAS trucks when you search the word BASH!! Most people try to break them yet FAIL to do so. Try that with a Losi or Team ASSociated you fanboys!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAH.

Do us all a favor please:

Old 10-22-2010, 10:22 AM
cumquat

topdogg, if you dint like the traxxas bashing then go back to the traxxas forums. stop trying to force your opinions on us, we arent going to change our minds. if it wasnt for people like you then traxxas would be on my list of companies to look at for my next rc but its not. i know from experience they are capable but they are not bulletproof. i am one of the few people on here that has owned a legitimately bulletproof chassis and thats only because i made it out of 1/8" thick steel strips.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:24 AM
cumquat

where is sheo?
Old 10-22-2010, 12:10 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

busy building top of the line RC's.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

busy building top of the line RC's.
to put on the shelf
Old 10-22-2010, 12:32 PM
jsmithy

Some of you would still complain if Traxxas gave you one for free.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:08 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: jsmithy

yes i would because they would try giving me a revo. i hate the revo!
Old 10-22-2010, 03:03 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: etc

I know I am new to and looking to buy my first truck. I have seen a lot of Traxxas bashing on the diffrent forums, but if it wasn't for Traxxas I don't think I would be http://<font color=''blue'' style=''...]</div></span> for the first time right now. I have been looking at the different offerings and the price points of other truck companies are outside of what I can\will spend for my first purchase. I am not interested in racing at all. I want a truck that I can take with me to the big open field that I take my dog to and tear around the field with it. Nothing more nothing less. So from a new person I think Traxxas fits someone like me perfectly.

I live in the northeast so I want to take it with me when it snows too. From what I have looked at so far the only thing that falls into\is made for someone like me is a truck from Traxxas. Specifically I was about to buy an E-maxx brushed version and maybe down the road upgrade it to brushless.

With that being said what is the general thought for someone like me. Proceed on the route of getting an E-maxx 3903 or wait until the 4x4 Stampede vxl to come out that already has brushless?

ETC - I'm right with ya.. I sit back and watch these bash fests every day and the reason for it is very simple.... Traxxas is on top of the RC game PERIOD... You can say what you want about HPI, Tamiya, Associated, Losi and every other RC company out there. They get out sold 10 to 1 by Traxxas. I talk to a few friends that work at various hobby shops and they all say the same thing. Traxxas is what everyone wants and asks for. Not everyone of Traxxas's designs are super tough but overall their materials and quality are better than most in the industry.

No traxxas doesn't make race vehicles but 99% of the consumers don't race and they know that. All the average person is concerned with is how fast will it go and how hard can I beat it without breaking something..

Getting back to your question.. In all honesty I think I would wait and see how the 4x4 Pede turns out. I've owned the E-Maxx and It's not all it's hyped up to be. Yes it a decent truck but I'm not a fan of the twin motor, twin battery design. I'm also not a fan of how poorly it handles. If you want to go twin motor twin battery the E-Revo is a much better choice.

Just ignore the guys bashing Traxxas. Everyone needs to justify their opinions.... Before anyone labels me as a Fan boy let me say that my collection includes 65+ cars from 15+ different manufactures.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:26 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: john01374

No traxxas doesn't make race vehicles but 99% of the consumers don't race and they know that. All the average person is concerned with is how fast will it go and how hard can I beat it without breaking something..

Just ignore the guys bashing Traxxas. Everyone needs to justify their opinions.... Before anyone labels me as a Fan boy let me say that my collection includes 65+ cars from 15+ different manufactures.
first, i find it very hard to believe that only 1% of rcers race. if it was only 1% then there wouldnt be nearly as many tracks as there is. i am an average person and i realized that speed is only fun for a few minutes, after that i want to turn. i dont really break my rc's, the sum total of what i have broke is the chassis on my evader ext (just got it not too long before and it was winter)(it was just a crack, never bothered fixing it) and both steering links on a nitro sport (at 10mph into a cinder block that i use as a jump with my df02).

it doesnt matter how many rc's you own or who made them, its quite obvious you are a traxxas fanboy.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:27 PM
hasek1616

i absolutely hate posting in non help related threads because for some reason all it does is turn into a couple traxxas fanboys like topdog (which are super annoy to listen to spew worthless, invalid opinions out of their mouths) and everyone else trying to justify that because they had a bad experience with traxxas that no one else should buy them, but i feel i need to help out john as he made some very valid points. So he is a traxxas fanboy just because he implied he was ok with traxxas? just because he found that traxxas works best for him he is a traxxas fanboy? He was wrong to say that only one percent of rcers race, but his point was that racers are nowhere near the majority, and if you own a company, you want to sell to the largest part of the market that isnt already saturated and it boggles my mind that no other rc company has done what traxxas has done. so back to you calling john a fanboy, be careful, that word works both ways, i see so many tamiya fanboys (not that you are one) on here it is insane, and both the traxxas and tamiya drivers have similar reasons as to why they believe their trucks are superior, but for some reason because the tamiya fanboys have been in the hobby longer they automatically think that their tamiyas are better and that is what people should by. from what ive seen, you buy a tamiya because of the nostalgia mostly, and a little bit because they are a handful to keep all four wheels on the ground. the newer generation of rcers don't have that nostalgic feeling towards the tamiya models, and that is part of the reason they are falling out of favor. but the bottom line is its insane to call someone who has tried every single major brand of rc's a fanboy just because he suggested that they dont make horrible cars. on a side note, all i ever see you do around here is try and steer people away from traxxas because you have had a bad experience with them, and thats like saying just because you dont like your car that no one should ever buy it. now lets try and get back on topic, this thread is to talk about the stampede 4x4 and to help people learn about it like etc is trying to, not for people to try and justify why traxxas is a horrible brand. but hey, i suppose im a fanboy now too because i defended traxxas.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:48 PM
cumquat

correction, john is a fanboy because he stated "Traxxas is on top of the RC game PERIOD", that is the most fanboy line i have ever seen.

i am not trying to steer people away from traxxas, if thats what they really want then thats what they are going to get but i hate seeing all the fanboy posts about their unbreakable, nuke-proof, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (in other words, bone stock) rustler. it happens with all brands in all markets but for some reason, it could be that you can get them at toys r us and pep boys, it could be that most all hobby shops stack their parts, they have an uncontrollable population of fanboys and gals. if part support was instantly changed so it had just as many pegs on the wall at the hobby shop as the others they would drop out of favor.

and finally, you are not a fanboy, you are just a troll that has started 3 (that i have seen) threads about what the new traxxas will be and always are dead wrong.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:08 PM
crunchNmunch

ORIGINAL: jsmithy

That's right -and some of us don't have sex with fat or ugly chicks either, even though they're giving it away.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:47 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

hasek, did you know that Tamiya has quite a few super top of the line ultra awesome modern racecars?

Because...like...that's always been Tamiya's schtick. Just like the Hot Shot was back when it came out.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:51 AM
hasek1616

yeah, ive seen a trf 201 run before, looked like a great buggy, but ill take an associated b4.1 over that, better parts support where i live
Old 10-23-2010, 05:52 AM
hasek1616

i dont think that john meant that they were the best in rc when he said they were on top of the rc game, he probably meant that they were the most profitable company in the industry, and theres really no denying that point. i agree with your second paragraph completely, but i did not start three "next traxxas threads", i made one, and this is my only username, and on the one i did make, some people correctly guessed the 4x4 pede and summit vxl, even though those were kind of easy to predict.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:19 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I have owned several traxxas items, as well as many other brands. Traxxas makes good quality stuff for the most part. The only thing that i was dissapointed in from traxxas was my t-maxx and e-maxx(which I only bought to resell). They have weak arms, bulkheads, and bumpers, among other things. However, I have owned 3 electric stampedes(have 1 now), and they were all awesome. They will climb darn near anything to be a 2wd, and they will take a beating.

The 4wd Stampede is a really neat truck IMO. Its what I have been waiting to see on the market for a long time now. I think its great to have a strong single motor 4wd brushless truck on the market. I think a lot of bashers will like it because it will be fast and durable, and waterproof. The HPI E-Savage is a truck it may compete with because I think they are really close in size. However, the stampede is brushless and has a stronger driveline than the e-savage. Also, if I were buying new and was between the e-maxx and the VXL 4x4 stampede, I think the stampede is a better bang for the buck for most people, and it will be more durable than the e-maxx I bet.

Im not a traxxas fanboy, or a traxxas hater. I dont really get caught up in brand wars because i see stuff i like from darn near every r/c company on the market. I think its great to see all these company's expanding and offering new products to us, because in the end it gives all of us more of a choice when we look at new r/c's. Every product fits into the market somewhere and by using parts they already have just makes it even better because parts will be even easier to get that way.

Eric
Old 10-23-2010, 02:21 PM
hasek1616

i was thinking about that too, what cars could be in competition with this stampede and the only ones i could think of were tamiyas but they arent brushless so there really is no car thats like the 4x4 pede. id like to see hpi counter it though to see what thy come up with, and a new or updated associated mt would be sweet to see.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:02 PM
cumquat

actually, tamiya only makes 3 (real)(that i can think of right now)MTs and they are all twin motor-single pack.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:47 PM
hasek1616

they're all double motor? huh, i couldve sworn i saw one that was single motor, oh well
Old 10-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Krazy Chicken

dual hunter, clodbuster, and txt?
ORIGINAL: cumquat

actually, tamiya only makes 3 (real)(that i can think of right now)MTs and they are all twin motor-single pack.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:21 PM
rc2008
My Feedback: (25)

its all about preference.    every brand of rc cars/trucks have their weak points and their strong points.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: hasek1616

i was thinking about that too, what cars could be in competition with this stampede and the only ones i could think of were tamiyas but they arent brushless so there really is no car thats like the 4x4 pede. id like to see hpi counter it though to see what thy come up with, and a new or updated associated mt would be sweet to see.

They already have, its just not coming state side.

http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...101403&lang=en

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.