Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL?

Old 10-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Freezetron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL?

Another rehashed release from Traxxas

Old 10-20-2010, 11:23 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL?

I don't care until they make a totally new higher end vehicle. Enough Rustler/Pede/Slash/Maxx mashups and re-releases. Make a 1/5 gasser or something.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:23 PM
Xmoto16

thank you traxxas you listen when we ask unlike my parents (jk) but know im torn between this a slash 4x4 and an emaxx but this trucks gonna be nice

Old 10-20-2010, 11:31 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did they finally take a slash 4X4 and fling talons on it with a pede body?
Its hard to tell from the pics

Traxxas the leader in innovation of reusing the same chassis in 25,000 different vehicles
Old 10-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Xmoto16

it kinda looks like it....thats not as cool now but at least if you buy a slash 4x4 or this you can convert them into each other.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:42 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Xmoto16

it kinda looks like it....thats not as cool now but at least if you buy a slash 4x4 or this you can convert them into each other.
yea I see what took so long to make they had to figure out how to mount the old pedes body posts on the slash 4X4 WITH the talons & pedes shocks to call it a new RC [&:]
That sure must have taken them all 10 months since the slash came out to design, which some people did within 10 minutes of owning the slash
Old 10-20-2010, 11:51 PM
Freezetron

Traxxas is the Wal-Mart of the RC community. Crap loads of cheap of american designed, chinese made RC products sold for a low price point with tons of marketing that excites and convinces everyone to buy their products that are at best, decent as a jack of all trades and good at none of them with substandard product quality.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:25 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with being American designed and Chinese made, it's all about the quality control and how much effort the designers and manufacturers put in. But yeah, their stuff is falling farther and farther behind if you ask me, very entry level. Still fun and good for bashing with though.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:20 AM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Xmoto16

yea I see what took so long to make they had to figure out how to mount the old pedes body posts on the slash 4X4 WITH the talons & pedes shocks to call it a new RC [&:]
That sure must have taken them all 10 months since the slash came out to design, which some people did within 10 minutes of owning the slash
it took 10 months because it took a corner better than their precious revo, they just couldnt allow that.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:22 AM
cumquat

wait, the pede is finally a real monster truck!?! holy crap! maybe the world actually will end in 2012...
Old 10-21-2010, 01:25 AM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

Traxxas is the Wal-Mart of the RC community. Crap loads of cheap of american designed, chinese made RC products sold for a low price point with tons of marketing that excites and convinces everyone to buy their products that are at best, decent as a jack of all trades and good at none of them with substandard product quality.
lets be fair, they do go fast (ignore the fact that touching the steering wheel is either going to wreck it at speed or not have any function at all).
Old 10-21-2010, 01:26 AM
cumquat

oh, yeah. the reason i even look up this thread
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hsWmRrudDc&feature=sub[/youtube]
Old 10-21-2010, 01:34 AM
Slo-V Flyer

*** $399 street price? Get outta here. The Emaxx is bigger and cheaper even if it is brushed... I just don't get these prices, the Slash 4x4 and Pede 4x4...among other things.

Next item on the list, 1/10th Rally 4x4! Based on the proven Slash 4x4 chassis! Complete with a fugly hothatch body!

OK so enough bashing already. Geez it seems like anytime any company comes out with something new (even if it is an old design etc) people just can't help taking pot shots at them instead of appreciating what it offers, even if it is not the newest coolest thing since gold pan chassis toy I mean RC10's. However, the fact that folks have been asking for Pede 4x4 since I can remember from hmm when I've been into R/C in 2003, yah I'd say there they deserve a slap on the wrist for taking forever. And now again with the Slash bandwagon, they just had to release the Slash 4x4 then a year later the Pede 4x4, instead of a Pede 4x4 like 5 years sooner.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:35 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

It's about time Traxxas brought a 4wd Stampede to market. It's only 15 years late and everybody quit caring

Traxxas' stuff is made in Taiwan, not China.

If you're going to complain about something, at least get your facts straight.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:46 AM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

NOBODY saw this coming!!!!

Looks like it could be fun, I don't like that front body mount though....looks too....stretched out. Guess we'll see how it turns out
Old 10-21-2010, 02:01 AM
cumquat

in regards to the 1/10 rally, i think (and kind of hope) they will make a 4x4 bandit variant first then put a big body on it. that might actually be slightly competitive with tamiya.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:02 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

4x4 Bandit

Based on Slash 4x4

with 17mm hubs and 1/8 buggy tires[&:]
Old 10-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

What are you talking about... More than half their models are over priced. Revo is OP in anyform nitro or electric/BL. The mini revo is nice tho.
I just find traxxas too expensive when I look at Associated, HPI, and other manufacturers.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:18 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

4x4 Bandit

Based on Slash 4x4

with 17mm hubs and 1/8 buggy tires[&:]
after that will be the revolutionary 4wd rustler based on the slash 4X4 design.

Slo-V Flyer its not that were taking pot shots at them because they did this or using another RC chassis over again. Were doing it due to how long it took them to do what should have been blatantly obvious

I personally want the mini summit though
Or I could convert my new mini revo over when I get bored of it
Old 10-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Slo-V Flyer

ORIGINAL: Sherv

What are you talking about... More than half their models are over priced. Revo is OP in anyform nitro or electric/BL. The mini revo is nice tho.
I just find traxxas too expensive when I look at Associated, HPI, and other manufacturers.
ROFL I find all those guys overpriced, compared to Traxxas. At least, that is what it was 2-4 years ago for sure. Aside from the Revo, all their models were much cheaper than the other brands counter parts. A $170-$180 Rustler RTR compared to a $250 KIT for a T4 or $269 for an RTR. As a beginner and basher I found the prices to be too much for my budget, especially when I first started 7 years ago. It is only now that these high priced brands have come down or in some cases Traxxas products cost more, so it is a bit more level. Mostly I think the spamming of short course Slash competitors has caused the HPI / AE / Losis to bring their prices down as well. The Summit and Revo/ERevo are a bit over $100 more than I'm willing to pay, but I somehow have a Summit....(yah I just couldn't wait...). The HPI FLUX are overpriced, I'll say that. $600-$700 for a brushless truck, yah a bit OOO to the PPPPP. Oh wait, that's the same as the E-Revo Brushless. Nvm.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:30 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Slo, what's funny is ThunderbirdJunkie paid $170 for his SC10 kit and a Slash RTR is $200. an SC10 RTR is $200ish.

In 1996 when ThunderbirdJunkie bought his RC10B2, it was $140 for the kit whereas his stampede kit was $130.

Hmm...10 dollars more for a stronger, race-bred car...or a Stampede.

Tough decision[&:]
Old 10-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Slo-V Flyer

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Slo, what's funny is ThunderbirdJunkie paid $170 for his SC10 kit and a Slash RTR is $200. an SC10 RTR is $200ish.

In 1996 when ThunderbirdJunkie bought his RC10B2, it was $140 for the kit whereas his stampede kit was $130.

Hmm...10 dollars more for a stronger, race-bred car...or a Stampede.

Tough decision[&:]
Yah the tables have turned I suppose. Traxxas might be turning into Maxamps...

I believe the HPI Firestorm and whatever equivalent Losi T or whatever are around the same price as the Rustler XL-5, no? However the T4 from AE is still $250 RTR, and for good reason. So I think Traxxas is not quite overpriced on everything, yet. But funny on that reference you gave about the Pede and B2... then again, one's a RACE buggy, and one's a 2wd monster truck, so really, can't compare them.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:06 PM
hasek1616

this thing looks pretty sweet, ive got a 4x4 and its super durable and it looks like they may have done a few thing to maye this even more durable, i really could use those arm guards! unforunately i wont be getting one anytime soon, but i know a friend who may, hopefully this isnt another titan haha
Old 10-21-2010, 03:07 PM
cumquat

slo, get your facts straight. thats $250 for the BL version, the brushed is $205 on tower.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Slo-V Flyer

ORIGINAL: cumquat

slo, get your facts straight. thats $250 for the BL version, the brushed is $205 on tower.
Well, I stand corrected. However, this is more of a recent price drop compared to past history. Just a few years ago maybe 3-4, the RTR brushed T4 was $249-$269, as well as the factory kit (which meant $100-$200+ more for radio and esc/motor).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.