RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Show Off your Trucks

Reply
Old 10-22-2010, 12:21 PM
  #51
crunchNmunch
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 322
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: prestonlal

heheheh...his profile says quote

" Car Experience - 20 years building
- 0 years operating
- Beginner driver "

Let's see what ya got, rookie!
crunchNmunch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:23 PM
  #52
Brainanator
 
Brainanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 2,482
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: meef rustler

That savage's body is nice, where'd you get it
It's a proline 07 chevy silverado body, as I said in my post. As for the specific location I ordered it from, Tower.
Brainanator is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:23 PM
  #53
t9dragon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: PDX, OR
Posts: 7,866
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch


Quote:
ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Hey crunchNmunch,

Either put up or shut up..............
Why don't you show us your RC's? Instead of bashing everyone else and their RC's...

There you go, one I did the other week with spray-bombs, trash away. [img][/img]

Where did you find a body like that? I love the fender flares.... Paint job looks really good to...
t9dragon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:24 PM
  #54
crunchNmunch
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 322
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Quote:
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch


Quote:
ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Hey crunchNmunch,

Either put up or shut up..............
Why don't you show us your RC's? Instead of bashing everyone else and their RC's...
There you go, one I did the other week with spray-bombs,trash away.
it a car not a truck, but it does look REALLY sweet.
that body's flared fenders are awsome.
"Actually" it is/was a truck, that I modified to fit that body.

Crappy photo taken with a cellphone camera.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Where did you find a body like that? I love the fender flares.... Paint job looks really good to...
Europe

Not too bad for spray cans. LOL
crunchNmunch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:26 PM
  #55
nitrosportsandrunner
 
nitrosportsandrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: skowhegan, ME
Posts: 9,502
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Quote:
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch


Quote:
ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Hey crunchNmunch,

Either put up or shut up..............
Why don't you show us your RC's? Instead of bashing everyone else and their RC's...
There you go, one I did the other week with spray-bombs, trash away.
it a car not a truck, but it does look REALLY sweet.
that body's flared fenders are awsome.
''Actually'' it is/was a truck, that I modified to fit that body.

Crappy photo taken with a cellphone camera. [img][/img]
so, you turned a truck chassis into a car? was that tricky? honestly, that body is unique and really cool looking. i recently started collecting onroad bodies for my car. .
you should post a pic of that car with the body off.
nitrosportsandrunner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:34 PM
  #56
crunchNmunch
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 322
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner


Quote:
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Quote:
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch


Quote:
ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Hey crunchNmunch,

Either put up or shut up..............
Why don't you show us your RC's? Instead of bashing everyone else and their RC's...
There you go, one I did the other week with spray-bombs,trash away.
it a car not a truck, but it does look REALLY sweet.
that body's flared fenders are awsome.
''Actually'' it is/was a truck, that I modified to fit that body.

Crappy photo taken with a cellphone camera. [img][/img]
so, you turned a truck chassis into a car? was that tricky? honestly, that body is unique and really cool looking. i recently started collecting onroad bodies for my car. .
you should post a pic of that car with the body off.
I'm not really into taking pics, or showing off anymore. LOL
I used to do concourse cars back in the day, but never touched a airbrush.

With enough creativity, changing wheels and hexes, modifying the suspension,or building a custom chassis, about anything can be done if you have enough ingenuity and interest.
Too many RTRs have people taking the easy way out, and to me part of the hobby has been lost, IMHO.
This one can be run both onroad, and as a rally car with a tire/wheel change.
crunchNmunch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:40 PM
  #57
Gweedz
 
Gweedz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: TORONTO, ON, CANADA
Posts: 93
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Slo-V Flyer
stock body painted pearl white/blue
How did you remove the original paint?

Gweedz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:42 PM
  #58
Eman77
 
Eman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Batavia, IL
Posts: 10,314
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks

I guess I'll share a few pasts and presents:

1) E-Sav w/Badlands (no longer with me)
2) Tamiya Levant (a rare RTR Tamiya for me, but loads of fun)
3) Tamiya Stadium Thunder (it's now sporting black HPI SS wheels and Galdiators, but can't find a pic right now)
4) Traxxas Stampede (no longer with me)
5) Part of a Tamiya TRF 801XT - build in progress
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22379.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1521077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93621.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1521078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61149.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	1521079   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn32389.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1521080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hs97118.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1521081  
Eman77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:44 PM
  #59
prestonlal
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 556
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks

Almost forgot about this one...been sold as well..[]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44617.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1521082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99296.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1521083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb74806.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1521084   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xr45469.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1521085  
prestonlal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:51 PM
  #60
crunchNmunch
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 322
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Gweedz


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Slo-V Flyer
stock body painted pearl white/blue
How did you remove the original paint?

Pretty sure he means he painted a stock "clear" body.
crunchNmunch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:54 PM
  #61
mazdaprotege4
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Shakopee, MN
Posts: 970
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner


Quote:
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Quote:
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch


Quote:
ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Hey crunchNmunch,

Either put up or shut up..............
Why don't you show us your RC's? Instead of bashing everyone else and their RC's...
There you go, one I did the other week with spray-bombs,trash away.
it a car not a truck, but it does look REALLY sweet.
that body's flared fenders are awsome.
''Actually'' it is/was a truck, that I modified to fit that body.

Crappy photo taken with a cellphone camera. [img][/img]
so, you turned a truck chassis into a car? was that tricky? honestly, that body is unique and really cool looking. i recently started collecting onroad bodies for my car. .
you should post a pic of that car with the body off.
I'm not really into taking pics, or showing off anymore. LOL
I used to do concourse cars back in the day, but never touched a airbrush.

With enough creativity, changing wheels and hexes, modifying the suspension,or building a custom chassis, about anything can be done if you have enough ingenuity and interest.
Too many RTRs have people taking the easy way out, and to me part of the hobby has been lost, IMHO.
This one can be run both onroad, and as a rally car with a tire/wheel change.
Iam guessing that picture that he posted was off google or something, why would anyone hesitate to show more photos of the truck?
mazdaprotege4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:55 PM
  #62
Slo-V Flyer
 
Slo-V Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 3,344
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Gweedz


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Slo-V Flyer
stock body painted pearl white/blue
How did you remove the original paint?

Pretty sure he means he painted a stock ''clear'' body. [img][/img]
Hah sorry, I missed that post. Yes it was a clear stock body, which I painted. No way do I have the patience to mess with removing the stock Prographix paint stuff. Looked really good in blue when it was fresh. Unfortunately it's been through hell in a year and flaked off plenty of paint from the fenders.
Slo-V Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:56 PM
  #63
nitrosportsandrunner
 
nitrosportsandrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: skowhegan, ME
Posts: 9,502
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Gweedz


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Slo-V Flyer
stock body painted pearl white/blue
How did you remove the original paint?

Pretty sure he means he painted a stock ''clear'' body. [img][/img]
brake fluid will remove paint from a body. its not fun, but it does work. i bought some old bodies off ebay where the paint was already starting to chip and used brake fluid to take the paint off so i could re-paint it.
nitrosportsandrunner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:02 PM
  #64
crunchNmunch
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 322
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: mazdaprotege4


Quote:
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Quote:
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Quote:
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch


Quote:
ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Hey crunchNmunch,

Either put up or shut up..............
Why don't you show us your RC's? Instead of bashing everyone else and their RC's...
There you go, one I did the other week with spray-bombs,trash away.
it a car not a truck, but it does look REALLY sweet.
that body's flared fenders are awsome.
''Actually'' it is/was a truck, that I modified to fit that body.

Crappy photo taken with a cellphone camera. [img][/img]
so, you turned a truck chassis into a car? was that tricky? honestly, that body is unique and really cool looking. i recently started collecting onroad bodies for my car. .
you should post a pic of that car with the body off.
I'm not really into taking pics, or showing off anymore. LOL
I used to do concourse cars back in the day, but never touched a airbrush.

With enough creativity, changing wheels and hexes, modifying the suspension,or building a custom chassis, about anything can be done if you have enough ingenuity and interest.
Too many RTRs have people taking the easy way out, and to me part of the hobby has been lost, IMHO.
This one can be run both onroad, and as a rally car with a tire/wheel change.
Iam guessing that picture that he posted was off google or something, why would anyone hesitate to show more photos of the truck?
What an idiot.

Go find that picture somewhere.
Just because you've never used anything but a prepainted RTR body, and wouldn't have a clue to going about how to paint one,doesn't mean everybody else has. ROFLOL Your mom probably picks out your clothes for you too.
crunchNmunch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:04 PM
  #65
Eman77
 
Eman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Batavia, IL
Posts: 10,314
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Slo-V Flyer


Hah sorry, I missed that post. Yes it was a clear stock body, which I painted. No way do I have the patience to mess with removing the stock Prographix paint stuff. Looked really good in blue when it was fresh. Unfortunately it's been through hell in a year and flaked off plenty of paint from the fenders.

Not sure if you know this, but backing the paint job with clearcoat when done seems to help with the durability/flaking from occurring. Worth a try anyway, if you haven't already.
Eman77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:12 PM
  #66
Slo-V Flyer
 
Slo-V Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 3,344
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Eman77

Not sure if you know this, but backing the paint job with clearcoat when done seems to help with the durability/flaking from occurring. Worth a try anyway, if you haven't already.
I've read that somewhere but never paid attention to that part. Yeah I may try that on my new-ish Jconcepts body. It already has a couple of small specs/spots that flaked off, so I should do this asap in fact. The stock body is really scratched up bad, it's more of a test beater body now.
Slo-V Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:16 PM
  #67
Eman77
 
Eman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Batavia, IL
Posts: 10,314
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks

Hmm, not really sure how well it will help after it has already started flaking, but still worth a shot. I guess I really meant that applying as a finishing touch to the painting process is supposed to help prevent it.

Either way, it's only a few bucks for a can of clearcoat. Good luck!
Eman77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:37 PM
  #68
Freezetron
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mountains
Posts: 2,139
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks

Savage Flux "Frostbyte II" in its XL form














Freezetron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:01 PM
  #69
IFR Pilot
 
IFR Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: berlin, NL, BHUTAN
Posts: 603
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks


Quote:
ORIGINAL: topdogg11

HONESTLY NOW, did a two year old paint that body?? LOL I wouldnt post a pic of that truck if that were mine. Geeze.

And you have an SC10 and you are "wondering" why something is BROKEN and BENT?? BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

GEEZE!!
Thunderbirdjunkie might act like Kramer on Seinfeld most of the time but atleast he had the brains to buy AE and not Traxxas.



IFR Pilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:21 PM
  #70
Krazy Chicken
 
Krazy Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 5,052
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks

going through my photobucket, so some are old.










Krazy Chicken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:24 PM
  #71
nitrosportsandrunner
 
nitrosportsandrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: skowhegan, ME
Posts: 9,502
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks

nice lunchbox. here is my midnight pumpkin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54016.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1521183  
nitrosportsandrunner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:40 PM
  #72
Yosh70
 
Yosh70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Regina, SK, CANADA
Posts: 346
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks



Savage Flux - offset wheels and lowered body



HPI wheels/tires, El Camino body and custom wheelie bar

Yosh70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:02 PM
  #73
burtonny
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Port Jervis, NY
Posts: 8
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks



Tmaxx 1.5


Savage


Savage


Savage

burtonny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:09 PM
  #74
plasmaedge
 
plasmaedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Auckland, NEW ZEALAND
Posts: 975
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks

Heres my blitz,

running ezrun 12t and zippy 4000 25c lipo.


My body is nicely scratched up as well,

no gear cover, (because im hory like that) (and it broke)


Some action shot, jumps


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80959.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1521276   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34684.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	1521277   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82877.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1521278   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga76551.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	1521279   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cn77790.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	1521280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bs14091.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	1521281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vx45069.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	1521282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig23126.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	1521283  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk86949.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	1521284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ug43205.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	1521285  
plasmaedge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:55 PM
  #75
hasek1616
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: jamestown, NY
Posts: 683
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Show Off your Trucks

heres a couple picks of my slash 4x4 before and after a backslash conversion, still waiting on a wing and wing mount
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84034.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1521312   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11597.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1521313  
hasek1616 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:32 PM.